Just Stop Oil!

I have noticed that the Just Stop Oil movement is still up and running, annoying many people by blocking traffic and spoiling many sporting events.

I am confused as to where this comes from....

why stop oil? what is the science behind this idea?

And how exactly does one stop oil?

We see a mixture of white middle class humans who must have some education, glueing themselves to roads and spraying orange powder everywhere, but for what? Who is behind it all?

I am so confused by the illogicality and yes, insanity of it, I would like a rational explanation of what they think they are up to and hope to achieve.

Can you tell me?

1 hour ago, pelagicpete said:

I have noticed that the Just Stop Oil movement is still up and running, annoying many people by blocking traffic and spoiling many sporting events.

I am confused as to where this comes from....

why stop oil? what is the science behind this idea?

And how exactly does one stop oil?

We see a mixture of white middle class humans who must have some education, glueing themselves to roads and spraying orange powder everywhere, but for what? Who is behind it all?

I am so confused by the illogicality and yes, insanity of it, I would like a rational explanation of what they think they are up to and hope to achieve.

Can you tell me?

They are <deleted> morons.!   I wonder how they all get to the venues they want to disrupt, bicycles or EVs.

No really, they want to stop FURTHER drilling for oil in new places. But it is OK to dig for Lithium and other precious metals, and copper etc. 

Edited by metisdead
Disguised profanity edited out.
  • Like 2

Put any of them in in any form of health danger and see them fold on their principles.... 

In fact, remove any of the comforts they enjoy that are provided them as a direct result of the Oil & Gas industry and we'd see the measure of their resolve. 

These people are just fools... If they weren't protesting against oil, they'd be protesting against something else...  they're just habitual protesters looking for a cause.

• Like 1

I would like a rational explanation of what they think they are up to and hope to achieve.

It's difficult to provide any rational explanation as they don't seem able to themselves. Whenever they are challenged in an interview they just start raving about "the climate crisis".

Can you tell me?

I’m sorry dear friend, there is no explanation other than the indoctrination propaganda of the media and universities they feel noble about 

And yet here we are all discussing it on an Internet forum.

Don’t make the mistake of believing this is the only place it’s getting discussed or that all discussions are negative towards the ‘Just Stop Oil’ idea. 

Thanks for your contribution in keeping ‘Just Sop Oil’ in the public discourse.

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Put any of them in in any form of health danger and see them fold on their principles.... 

In fact, remove any of the comforts they enjoy that are provided them as a direct result of the Oil & Gas industry and we'd see the measure of their resolve. 

These people are just fools... If they weren't protesting against oil, they'd be protesting against something else...  they're just habitual protesters looking for a cause.

I don't think that they are advocating for the removal all the advances mankind has made to date due to hydrocarbon extraction - what they are saying is that the cost of continuing to exploit the earth's hydrocarbon reserves are too great and that we should now be diverting our resources towards securing more sustainable and less harmful forms of energy.  

• Thumbs Up 2