Quick escapade recommendations near Ubon

Ryokan

My wife and I are seeking for a quick escape at a hotel within a three-hour drive from Ubon Ratchathani. We are in search of a retreat that offers a combination of relaxing amenities and natural beauty. Here are our preferences:

1. Location: We prefer a hotel/resort that is conveniently located within a three-hour drive from Ubon Ratchathani.

2. Scenic Beauty / Nature

3. Pool

4. Relaxing and Fun Activities such as massages, horse riding, hiking, biking, ect. Whatever, really

We welcome any recommendations or suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

On 10/14/2023 at 12:13 PM, Ryokan said:

My wife and I are seeking for a quick escape at a hotel within a three-hour drive from Ubon Ratchathani. We are in search of a retreat that offers a combination of relaxing amenities and natural beauty. Here are our preferences:

1. Location: We prefer a hotel/resort that is conveniently located within a three-hour drive from Ubon Ratchathani.

3. Pool

4. Relaxing and Fun Activities such as massages, horse riding, hiking, biking, ect. Whatever, really

Thank you in advance!

https://tohsang.com/khongchiam/

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, Ryokan said:

3. Pool

Thank you in advance!

Fly to Phuket? Khong Jiam is the obvious choice.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Fly to Phuket? Khong Jiam is the obvious choice.

The OP asked for a place "near" to Ubon within a three hour "drive". Not "flight".

Besides, quickest Ubon to Phuket flight is in the region of 3.5 hours, return over 4. Add the drive time to the airport and the waiting time, etc. 5+ hours.

It's obvious you are attempting to continue putting Isaan down in almost all respects. However, your disdain does not do the OP any favours.

To the OP, I would be inclined to travel along the Mehkong heading north. There are some lovely spots. You will unlikely find all the activities you are looking for but you will certainly find a nice "retreat".

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The OP asked for a place "near" to Ubon within a three hour "drive". Not "flight".

Besides, quickest Ubon to Phuket flight is in the region of 3.5 hours, return over 4. Add the drive time to the airport and the waiting time, etc. 5+ hours.

It's obvious you are attempting to continue putting Isaan down in almost all respects. However, your disdain does not do the OP any favours.

To the OP, I would be inclined to travel along the Mehkong heading north. There are some lovely spots. You will unlikely find all the activities you are looking for but you will certainly find a nice "retreat".

I was joking dude. Khong Jiam is best.