help me fix this mess (sewer ,waste water system)

On 10/19/2023 at 5:20 PM, MangoKorat said:

That would require inspection chambers at each bend and its not necessarty really - if swept bends are used, drain rods will clear any blockages.  I use them in the UK for a pipe run that is 30m from the nearest inspection chamber to the septic tank, 2 swept bends involved and they work fine.  However, if swept bends are used, blockages are rare. I've had to clear 2 in 15 years, both caused by cooking oil/fat.

sure..a 30 deg bend is ideal..i am just saying here a standard 90 deg or 'T' bend doesn't have a threaded cap for accessing. Maybe you can get them online or from factory..Ive certainly never seen them at any of the larger hardware stores, hence installers don't use them.

2 hours ago, tandor said:

sure..a 30 deg bend is ideal..i am just saying here a standard 90 deg or 'T' bend doesn't have a threaded cap for accessing. Maybe you can get them online or from factory..Ive certainly never seen them at any of the larger hardware stores, hence installers don't use them.

I know the ones you mean and I actually have a brass topped screw cap near the house end of my sewerage pipe. Its part of a very small inspection port.  By the time the waste pipe gets nearer the tank it would probably be too deep to use that type.

• Thumbs Up 1