Change from 800,000 in the bank to 65,000 a month income?

Next year I will start to receive my UK State Pension which on top of my NHS pension will give me the 65,000 a month income and could potentially free up the 800,000 I have kept in the bank for my annual retirement visa renewal. How do I demonstrate to Immigration that this is valid? I usually transfer my pension monthly using Wise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

To switch, you'll need the previous twelve consecutive months' worth of bank statements showing 65K or more THB transferred into the account from outside of the country -

So can you spend that 65k every month once it shows in your account?

7 minutes ago, flexomike said:

When changing from the 800,000 baht to the 65,000 baht most Immigration offices will require you to have had 12 consecutive deposits of no less than 65,000 baht and must show that it came from a foreign source

So to change over, you need the 800k in the bank PLUS 12 x 65k transfers?

Ask about the Combination Method, which I use at Phitsanulok. 400k in the bank and 12 x 40k. 

The deposits need to be traceable back to the overseas source.   This is done & verified, need at Imm by your Thai banks' 'Credit Advice' of your account, they will provide, when asked. 

Along with a statement of your account for those 12 months, and statement of your current balance, and best to have on the day you apply for extension.

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So to change over, you need the 800k in the bank PLUS 12 x 65k transfers?

Ask about the Combination Method, which I use at Phitsanulok. 400k in the bank and 12 x 40k. 

I am in Rayong, did not need to show the 800,000 when I switched, just a twelve month statement of transfers, this was in December of 2022

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, flexomike said:

I am in Rayong, did not need to show the 800,000 when I switched, just a twelve month statement of transfers, this was in December of 2022

So you had 800k in the bank in November (or October) 2021 which got you the Extension in December 21. You then had to keep it for 3 months before you could withdraw 400k. Were you simultaneously transferring 65k a month since then until renewal in Dec 22

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So you had 800k in the bank in November (or October) 2021 which got you the Extension in December 21. You then had to keep it for 3 months before you could withdraw 400k. Were you simultaneously transferring 65k a month since then until renewal in Dec 22

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

never touched the 800,000, and Immigration never questioned it, I have had 65,000 coming in for a few years. If I was someone that was switching over I would not touch the 800,000 until I received my extension using the 65,000 baht method.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1