Health Insurance for 80+yrs

mja1906

I'm looking for health insurance for my parents 70+ and 80+yrs who plan to retire here long term. Any recommendations/suggestions for companies? The pros/cons of any? I know its a wide-casting question, but just starting to research our options. Thanks

• Haha 1

There have been so many threads on this subject and the general answer is maybe for 70 year old, but NO for 80s. It will be horrendously expensive, and I reckon any claims will be rejected because of any pre-existing conditions they can concoct, like an ingrowing toenail when you were a teenager.

• Like 1

If they come on a Non O-A then they have to have insurance.  But at 80 years old you can't get insurance.
Catch-22.

If you wish to live as a family of expats, make plans to move to another country.

2 hours ago, mja1906 said:

I'm looking for health insurance for my parents 70+ and 80+yrs who plan to retire here long term. Any recommendations/suggestions for companies? The pros/cons of any? I know its a wide-casting question, but just starting to research our options. Thanks

Where do they plan on living in Thailand? What country are they citizens?   How is their health?  What type of coverage do they have now where they are living and the cost?  Knowing this might change some of the responses above.  There are always options but we are in the dark here trying to help with basically no info.

I'm 80+ and have done some research on health insurance available in Thailand for my age group.   There are several companies that do issue such policies but the deductibles, coverage limits and pre-existing condition exclusions (at 80, pretty much everything is "pre-existing) make them a very expensive bad bet.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dddave said:

I'm 80+ and have done some research on health insurance available in Thailand for my age group.   There are several companies that do issue such policies

I've never heard of any Thai health insurers who will write NEW policies for foreigners in the age 70s or 80s age groups....

There may be some international insurers who will write such policies providing coverage in Thailand.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK