Getting a 60 day thai tourist visa at embassy in saigon

Has anyone done this.  As I understand i make a res online and then go in person and it takes couple of days.

When i try to make online appointment it wants my Thai ID number which i don't have one so it won't let me make a reservation?  How do i get around that as i don't want to just show up at the embassy with no reservation.  I hope to apply on a Monday morning and be done with it all by Wednesday afternoon.

Do i fill out all the forms at the saigon thai embassy or do that online before i go?  US citz and just want a single entry tourist visa.  I am in Thailand now on a 60 day tourist visa i got online before....now i want to get another 60 day tourist visa and understand i must leave thailand and get it at an embassy and saigon would work well for me.

instructions online not very clear so if anyone can help with questions thanks.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, raz0r21 said:

Hello, 

You can enter "Passport Number" in the booking system, and leave ID Card number blank. Please note that Ho Chi Minh is no longer a "friendly" embassy, and the requirements are much more strict compared to Laos. 

thank you......do you know if i fill out the same stuff with pics etc that i had to do to get a 60 day tourist visa online ...is this done before i go in person or i bring it all with me to show to them? 

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

thank you......do you know if i fill out the same stuff with pics etc that i had to do to get a 60 day tourist visa online ...is this done before i go in person or i bring it all with me to show to them? 

This is not an e-visa system, it is an appointment system.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

This is not an e-visa system, it is an appointment system.

yes i understand that...but my question is do i need the same docs like bank statement, hotel confirmation, air , pics of passport etc etc...or do i just fill out the forms with a few pics?

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sallecc said:

@pomchop hi OP, just wondering how did your Thai visa attempt in Saigon went, all good or you had to go to another place / country?

have not done it yet...i have til dec 1 to decide if i want to go to viet nam or maybe Vientiane...or could just bite the bullet and do an all day cambodia border run via van then another extension at immigration etc..If i were Russian then get 90 days and not have to deal with it....