UK Three Sim on contract- what sim to use now ?

I have three contract pay monthly and have International Roaming on all the time. I get OTP from bank fine but now Three have stopped international roaming until you pay £5 per day which is very expensive, Before they used to charge when you use. Now if some one phones on my UK Three number message says not in service. Recently my bank tried to call than I realised what Three has done. Requesting for advice which UK Sim to buy may be better on pay as you go - tell my UK friend to send me here (or he can activate in UK for me) than send me here - will that work ? Please only honest advice opnion and many thanks to all in advance. Is it OK to send SIM by courier from UK with my other post letters ?

GiffGaff, they will post it to your Thai address, free (10-14 days to arrive).

https://www.giffgaff.com/freesim-international

You then buy a Thai DTaC 1 year data sim for your calls/internet in Thailand (1,800bht).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-ais-maxspeed-sim-net-inw-turbo-tree-mobile-i1400912107-s19221527862.html?

DTaC in SIM slot 1, GiffGaff sim in slot 2.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

John, I have a very similar setup and it has been working perfectly for the past 6 years.

My Three PAYG chip is in my SIM slot and Dtac occupies the first of my ESIM slots with its Thai number. I also have another European number and all work as intended, no issues. Naturally, you can only have one ESIM slot active at any given time. But the main slot and 1 ESIM work concurrently.