Good Chinese Food Where?

Jing, soi colibri, chaweng.

Excellant chinesse food, not cheap, but very good. The best Authentic Hong Kong chinesse cuisine on the island.

Spot on .

Oh just stop, Pilchard. :o

You are making me hungry and here I am on Koh Phangan with no plans to go to Samui for another month or so. Do they have Peking Duck with the yummy little pancakes and delicious sauce?

Oh just stop, Pilchard. :o

You are making me hungry and here I am on Koh Phangan with no plans to go to Samui for another month or so. Do they have Peking Duck with the yummy little pancakes and delicious sauce?

Oh thats the best bit, thinly sliced spring onion and cucumber with hoisin sauce rolled in a pancake with crispy aromatic duck ...ooooh

I have to say, during my whole time in Thailand, I've never once thought "this local food is shit, I need me some gold ol' Chinese....."

A good Butter Chicken yes, Chinese food no.....

Who ever said local food was bad? I just no longer feel the need to eat Thai food 3 meals a day 7 days a week anymore.

And you betcha BigC, I will fly to China just to get some chinese food :o

I ate at Coco China House the other day. Probably one of the worst meals I have had on Samui in my 2 years and expensive. I was steaming mad when I left. :o

Food there is crap!!!!

Jing is the only Authentic HK Chinesse food. The chef is from HK.

Coco china house is more like Thai/chinesse, but cooked badly, yuk!

I ate at Coco China House the other day. Probably one of the worst meals I have had on Samui in my 2 years and expensive. I was steaming mad when I left. :o

Agreed and thumbs down - same, same... me mad too!

Agreed and thumbs down - same, same... me mad too!

I thought that the question was "can anyone recommend......"

I have eaten there many times and it has, in general, been good.

• 6 months later...

We ate at the new Chinese place called Heng on the main road near Big C last night.

Fantastic is all I can say. The prawns were huge and they keep them alive in a tank until ready to cook.

I have eaten at Jing a few times and thought it was good but now I am a devotee to Heng. Jing was good because it was the only place to get Chinese but if you like Chinese food try Heng and judge for yourself

Shame about CoCo China house, i would eat there once a week, mostly for the Peking Duck and the fact i could bring my own expensive wine, not the crap most restaurants sell, tried Soi Calibra but peking duck not as good. Well they changed Management at CoCo I went again and as you all say it was the worst meal i have every tasted, ill never go back, but I will try Jin again and that new one near BigC sounds great, will try as soon as i get back.

thanks for that info, i love chinese once a week.

Too fancy and expensive for my tastes. I like the little dimsum place on the pier road in Nathon. Triple A or something? Just past Jinta. Only daytime.

Must say I thought this was teh worst dim sum I have ever eaten and I thought overpriced too. Was very sad that it was so bad because I love dim sum. Only decent dim sum I have eaten is in Chinatown and Penang but still nothing to beat the New World in Chinatown in London (sigh). Someone has mentioned about a restaurant in Surat Thani though - anyone been?

Can anyone recommend any good Chinese food joints? I looked in the recommended restaurant section and didn't see any.

Thanks!

There's a new one opposite the Islander in the 1st floor called Bambu (I think), outside painted green, not heard how good the food is, anyone know??

Can anyone recommend any good Chinese food joints? I looked in the recommended restaurant section and didn't see any.

Thanks!

There's a new one opposite the Islander in the 1st floor called Bambu (I think), outside painted green, not heard how good the food is, anyone know??

Only been to the official opening and food was good. Expected to get better, have set menus with all inclusive beverages (beer, wine, softies etc.) at Baht 1,300 all you can eat and other options (without alcohol and without seafood) at cheaper rates.

Nice interior, bright and clean.

"Good Chinese Food Where?"

in China i presume :o

Actually, some friends of mine worked in China for a couple of years and they said that real Chinese food (the stuff grown, prepared and eaten in China) is actually quite bad due to the generally poor quality of the ingredients available. It's something I've often heard.