Thai Film Name Translation

rob79

Hi from a newby, hope this is an OK question:

About 15 years ago I stopped in Thailand and was dragged out to see a Thai film - no problem, 2 hours rest in the air-conditioning I thought, with no great expectations. But the film turned out to be excellent, even for a non-Thai speaker. Now I'd like to try to find it again on the internet for download, except I'm not sure of its name. The Thai name sounded something like "Seea Di", which my friend said was a saying that translated as "something lost," or maybe "spilt milk." It was a film about teenagers and glue-sniffing, if that rings any bells.

Can anyone help with the Thai saying, even posting it in Thai characters if that is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

That's a good question but I don't have an answer. I hope someone does. It sounds like an interesting film. For me, most Thai films have been absolutely horrible, just surprising or quite good. That said I've only seen about five.

Wow, so many replies, and so quickly. Thanks.

Main characters were 4 girls who were schoolfriends, started glue-sniffing, think one ended on heroin. Film ended with her drying out in a Buddhist monastery(?)

One girl's father got real drunk and berated his daughter for doing drugs - very ironic, as he fell down the stairs completely pissed saying don't get high.

All else I remember is a bluesy soundtrack, one girl was handcuffed to the balcony wall in a giant Bangkok apartment block in one scene to stop her going out (probably her father was a policeman, to have handcuffs), and parts were almost like a documentary - interviewed one (fictional) father mid-movie, unusual but effective way to present his thoughts to the audience. And one scene they were all hiding in the wardrobe giggling.

From memory it was 1995 I saw it, so 12 years sounds about right. And the handbill looks right, especially as you've spelled it exactly as I remember it pronounced, and "Regrets" is a close translation - thanks for the Thai spelling.

Anyway I really enjoyed it when I saw it, described it to someone the other day when we were talking about things, so thought I'd like to see it again to see if it really was any good. Probably enjoyed it more because I was expecting so much less.

Now, any known inetrnet sites sell Thai DVDs? Or have downloads?

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by rob79