Shipping ID and credit cards from Thailand to Canada

TheLaughingMan

Looking for a little advice, my mother recently left to head back to Canada and of course forgot all her ID and credit and bank cards....so now I need to send them to her asap.  What are my options for fast secure service?  Money not an issue if it means getting them to her safe and quickly.

For some reason not able to edit my own post so updating here, I called fedex Thailand, and they assured me I CAN send credit cards to Canada using their service.  I was just a little wary of this because I read on here that fedex and other companies couldn't send credit cards but maybe that was just if credit cards are coming into Thailand not out of Thailand?  But how safe is it?  I wouldnt dream of labelling the package credit cards sending to Thailand as someone over here would definately steal them lol, but sending to Canada... would it be safe?  

Personally, I would simple send ThaiPost, registered w/signature, though you'll never get the signature thingy, as I never have.  But assume they track it better.   Private courier services are silly priced.

It won't get much slower if at all slower. Have her put a 'hold' on her cards, till she receives.  No real safety issue.

And yes, FedEx and others do send CC to TH, as I've received once as a emergency replacement.  Along with renewals (sent USA post) with no issues.  Also no issues, as you have to activate the cards on arrival.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheLaughingMan said:

For some reason not able to edit my own post so updating here, I called fedex Thailand, and they assured me I CAN send credit cards to Canada using their service.  I was just a little wary of this because I read on here that fedex and other companies couldn't send credit cards but maybe that was just if credit cards are coming into Thailand not out of Thailand?  But how safe is it?  I wouldnt dream of labelling the package credit cards sending to Thailand as someone over here would definately steal them lol, but sending to Canada... would it be safe?  

I would choose Thai Post. My experience: FAST and safe. Alternatively DHL

I have done it a few times via simple and cheap registered mail with no issues whatsoever.

If you have line you can register for fastship and you will see prices for every single courier before you ship.  Fedex and ups is usually half the price using fastship.

I would still recommend regular registered post because canadian side is nororious for charging brokerage fees using fedex and ups even if the items have no value.

Edited by Celsius

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I have done it a few times via simple and cheap registered mail with no issues whatsoever.

If you have line you can register for fastship and you will see prices for every single courier before you ship.  Fedex and ups is usually half the price using fastship.

I would still recommend regular registered post because canadian side is nororious for charging brokerage fees using fedex and ups even if the items have no value.

Guess I'll find out, I landed up using fedex 2 day envelope, marked as personal items.