2 Questions: Has anyone used Thai Embassy in Mumbai before (recently)? What happens if I apply e-visa even though I am in india and not supposed to ?

I'm a British National and have Two Questions:

(1)  I am currently in Mumbai India and want to get a thai tourist visa (60 days).
Has anyone had experience with the Thai Consulate in Mumbai?  How is it there?
What is the turn-around time ?  How are the queues, etc ?

(2) British nationals are NOT allowed to apply for an e-visa if they are currently in India. But what is to stop me from applying?

or, is it a silly idea?

4 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The first part of the eVisa application is a verification whether you qualify for it. Answer those questions truthfully and see how far you get.

It vets your Nationality and Location.
The second I put my Location as India, I am not allowed to continue.  But if I put UK as my Location, I can proceed.

1 hour ago, bluebird729 said:

It vets your Nationality and Location.
The second I put my Location as India, I am not allowed to continue.  But if I put UK as my Location, I can proceed.

This means you're out of luck and can't get an eVisa from India and have to fly to Thailand without a visa.

• Like 1

You could do it on the Web and say your in the UK as long as as you leave a few weeks after you receive the e visa or fly to a different country for a few days. I don't have a clue if this would work but you can try ,good luck. 

• Like 1

You're supposed to be present in the UK for the duration of the eVisa application process. You might be able to conceal the fact that you're not, but tread carefully.

I don't recall any reports on getting a Thai visa in Mumbai. They might not even issue visas to non-residents (of India), best to try to confirm directly with them.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input.

I may just come on a Visa on Arrival.

is it 15 days visa on arrival at Suvarnabhumi?

30 would be perfect for my needs.

I just read a few articles online saying there is a 30 day and 45 day visa exemption.

is this true?

I'm from the UK. Do I need to do anything to obtain either of these ?

Applications for Thai visas in India go through a third party (VFS). If you apply, you are very likely to get a rejection from the embassy without any reason being given. That is a common result of Thai visa applications in India.

It would be best just to return with a visa exemption (unless your prior immigration history in Thailand would make a denied entry possible.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Applications for Thai visas in India go through a third party (VFS). If you apply, you are very likely to get a rejection from the embassy without any reason being given. That is a common result of Thai visa applications in India.

It would be best just to return with a visa exemption (unless your prior immigration history in Thailand would make a denied entry possible.

I'm gonna do the Visa Exemption method.
So much easier.
I only need a month, so its fine  😉