Bacolod Iloilo comparison for healthcare, food, crime

smallchungus

This isn’t meant to be a which city is better overall post.  These three aspects are really important to my retirement, but especially healthcare quality.  Is Bacolod or Iloilo known for better hospitals/healthcare?  I’ve heard great things about the food in both cities so I’m guessing it may just come down to preference, but I would love to hear your opinions.  Not just local specialties but access to Western options as well.  Is one city considered safer than the other when it comes to crime?  This one I’m not quite as worried about but still interested.  The healthcare comparison is where I’m really coming up short on info when I search online.

From my reading healthcare is not a strong point anywhere in Philippines (there is a reason so many work overseas).  But Manila seems to be the go to location for anything serious, with Cebu a distant second.  Iloilo appears to be a good choice for clean environment.  As for western food any large city will have the normal fast food options (but few will have real dining outside of tourist areas). 

• Thumbs Up 1