smart watch to monitor constantly blood pressure and pulse rate

fvw53

I want to buy a simple smart watch to monitor constantly my blood pressure and pulse rate.

Bluetooth link with an app to my Samsung smartphone is welcome but not essential.

Searching at Lazada or Shopee it looks as if I can only buy watches which are like mini smartphones : too many functions I do not want.

Can some Forum members let me know what they recommend?

I don't think you will find a smart watch with additional functions limited to the measurement of blood pressure and heart rate.

Look through the results you get with a web search for

smartwatch with measurement of blood pressure and heart rate

and check what comes closest to meeting your limited needs needs.

Edited by Puccini

Most smart watches will monitor heart rate, but None will measure pressure. Certainly not a watch. BP is measured using an inflatable cuff around your arm, even that wont measure it constantly. Get a BP machine if you mast, and measure several times during the day. Results can be entered into your phone health app.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

The smart watch I bought supposedly read several things including blood pressure.!!!   Gotta be a gimmick the way its supposed to be read. The heart rate? mmmm maybe, the temperature? Mmmm maybe, but then I put it on the table and it had the same results, then a block of ice and had the same results. Contacted the seller who cancelld the transaction no questions asked, and refunded within 5 minutes so I was unable to write a bad report.   Like others say, do it properly at home with a proper device.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brock said:

Most smart watches will monitor heart rate, but None will measure pressure. Certainly not a watch. BP is measured using an inflatable cuff around your arm, even that wont measure it constantly. Get a BP machine if you mast, and measure several times during the day. Results can be entered into your phone health app.

This and ignore the complete nonsense apple watch comment.

Hi,

Most name-brand fitness bands and smartwatches don't support blood pressure monitoring except for the HUAWEI WATCH D which retails at around 15,000B. Some cheap, noname watches on Shopee etc say they support blood pressure monitoring but I doubt that they work as the tech is not ready yet.

All the major (and most no-name) smart bands and smartwatches support heart rate monitoring as well as sleep tracking, steps walked, distance etc. Most also have things like weather, sports monitoring etc.

The brands are Mi/Xiaomi, Fitbit, Google Watch, Samsung, Apple Watch, Garmin, Huwaei etc. Apple watches only work with Apple phones, all the rest will work with Apple and Android phones (all need to be paired to a phone/companion app to get the full functionality).

My suggestion for a cheap, easy-to-use, mostly accurate fitness band with heart rate monitoring etc is the Mi Band 8 (Xiaomi Smart Band 8 is the name of the global version). It retails in Thailand for 1200b and can be customised to have as many or as few feature widgets on the watch as you feel you want (some watch faces will have the heart rate on them so you won't even need to use the widgets). It's fast, will last for 6-16 days on one charge and is small and unobtrusive. I suggest buying from a Mi shop, Jamyart etc so you ensure you get the global and not Chinese version. If you'd like any other information PM me.

Kind regards

Nick

• Like 1

I got myself one of these "smart" watches quite some time ago. It does all the things it says but to try changing from BP to calculator for example, became nigh on impossible.

Tap the screen? Nope.

Drag finger across the screen in any direction? Nope.

Nothing seemed to behave according to the manual and when in simple time mode battery only lasted two days.

It is now consigned to a dark and dingy corner of a seldom used draw in a room rarely entered. 

• Like 1

I have a Withings Scanwatch Horizon which does pulse, activity tracking, sleep tracking, breathing disturbances during sleep, oxygen saturation, ECG, atrial firbrillation warning ...  not BP though - not sure there is anything reliable for that yet.

All measurements from the Withings are medically certified.

It actually looks like a nice watch too.

• Like 1