Thai Sim Short Codes for data packages

Chivas

Add yours no matter what network

(JJ or whatever alias you're using this week play nicely)

I was somewhat astonished to find that my "always on" Short Code on True Move was stiill available nearly 4 years since I last used it.....i had used it for at least 6 years before that as well

Now according to most it wont be competitive at 200 Baht plus vat for the month as the speed gets throttled after first 1GB of data (fair enough I agree) but amazingly few ever put up alternatives on any networks

So to be clear we are talking stand alone month by month deals not yearly from Lazada or whatever its called

*900*1801# then "call"

Thats gets you a 30 day always on connection on True

Will be delighted if others come up with superb alternatives....

Edited by Chivas

25 minutes ago, Chivas said:

The websites relating to AIS DTAC Truemove simply dont have listed these fabulous 200 baht deals at insane speeds that some claim to exist

they don't, those sims are sold as a package with a phone to dealers only, never from the official shops and shops just sold the phones separately, 

or that's what used to be how they came about, due to the amount of them I think the mobile network companies just make these sims and sell them to these dealer directly now 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, digbeth said:

they don't, those sims are sold as a package with a phone to dealers only, never from the official shops and shops just sold the phones separately, 

or that's what used to be how they came about, due to the amount of them I think the mobile network companies just make these sims and sell them to these dealer directly now 

PersonallyI think the one I've got is fine anyway as at most I use it down the beach for an online radio app

At Hotel obviously via Wifi anyway for live TV etc etc

I got this AIS 300THB / month deal unlimited SIM. I keep the balance under 300THB and don't get charged until I need it again, occasionally top up card 5THB to extend validity. Had the SIM over 2 years now and only used it a month out of every 6 when traveling. Speeds as good as the towers nearby. Where I am upcountry I get 130Mbps but in busy Bangkok it slows to 10Mbps and seems to be capped at that. The billing changed to 150THB/2weeks or 70THB/1week so need to keep balance below 70THB to avoid auto renewal when not used. Now AIS allows for billing to go negative so they billed me 150THB when I had a balance of 130THB and gave 2 weeks internet when I only wanted one week for 70THB and resulting balance of -20THB. Still a cheap deal tho.

16 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

I got this AIS 300THB / month deal unlimited SIM. I keep the balance under 300THB and don't get charged until I need it again, occasionally top up card 5THB to extend validity. Had the SIM over 2 years now and only used it a month out of every 6 when traveling. Speeds as good as the towers nearby. Where I am upcountry I get 130Mbps but in busy Bangkok it slows to 10Mbps and seems to be capped at that. The billing changed to 150THB/2weeks or 70THB/1week so need to keep balance below 70THB to avoid auto renewal when not used. Now AIS allows for billing to go negative so they billed me 150THB when I had a balance of 130THB and gave 2 weeks internet when I only wanted one week for 70THB and resulting balance of -20THB. Still a cheap deal tho.

You don’t EVER get 130Mbps. That’s just a ‘rigged’ speed test. 
You can ‘opt out’ of the option to borrow by tapping in *602*1# followed by the Call key. You won’t be offered it again. 

Edited by NextG

• 2 months later...

I wonder why the likes of TrueMove don't simply publish their USSD codes for phone packages.

What could be simpler than landing at Suvarnabhumi, typing in my USSD code and having the package I want ?

Instead, I have to navigate to the app, consuming data & then buy the package I want. 

If anyone knows where to get a list of up to date TrueMove USSD codes for each package, please share the link. :wai: