Heads up easy pass......... m pass

Another load of  uneccsary crap from the owners of the tollways, Wife has  "easy pass "used it for years, went thru an "Mpass"  lane assuming it was the same.....nope, fine 300 baht, why the hell they need two stupid systems beats me, bit like the new improved updated yet again <deleted> tm 30 online rubbish, that failed after it was introduced for  about 10  months, when it finally worked it was ok.........but oh no way too easy  lets do another one and lets not transfer over the data. they go out of their ways to foook things up in Thailand...no way they will ever  get a  income  tax things to work, they coudln t organise a pee  up in a brewery..done see u in 12  months

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, 99% sure the lady went through the M-Flow system.

I use route-9 on a semi-regular basis and it's "impossible" to miss all the M-Flow warning signs.

I also use the Don-Mueang tollway regularly. It doesn't have M-Flow but on a number of occasions I've seen altercations (or at least lots of Italian-style arm waving) between Benz / BMW / other posh brand drivers and the assistant chap when they can't get through the Easy/M-Pass lane. I'm assuming that these are M-Flow customers who thought it was the same thing.

• Like 1

Your wife can sign in to Easy Pass website to upgrade to Easy Pass Plus to start using M-Flow lanes.

Easy/M-Pass are prepaid systems with  transponders. They use the same lanes so the fine must be from her using M-Flow lane, where the cameras read the car number plates and auto-debit the toll from the bank if she had registered on M-Flow system. If not, she needed to sign in to their website and pay on time, late payment will carry a hefty fine. With Easy Pass Plus, the system will auto pay just like she had registered on M-Flow.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Your assumption of why she was fined is incorrect. Easy pass and M Pass use the same lanes and the signs before the gates and at the gates reflect this. So impossible to be fined for what you wrote.

But you are maybe getting mixed up with new 'M-Flow' system which you must register for (with your payment details, such as Credit card or Bank deduction) and it is deducted monthly or whenever you use the system. If she went through this lane by mistake (without having registered) then a fine would probably be forthcoming. You should ask her again.

youre  probasbly  correct, but isnt the problem.......now 3  stupid systems, totally uneccessary, Ill pass that info onto her  thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thailand J said:

Your wife can sign in to Easy Pass website to upgrade to Easy Pass Plus to start using M-Flow lanes.

Easy/M-Pass are prepaid systems with  transponders. They use the same lanes so the fine must be from her using M-Flow lane, where the cameras read the car number plates and auto-debit the toll from the bank if she had registered on M-Flow system. If not, she needed to sign in to their website and pay on time, late payment will carry a hefty fine. With Easy Pass Plus, the system will auto pay just like she had registered on M-Flow.

Thanks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

3  systems. just nuts.

Surely you mean 5 systems, or is it more, or is the later two no longer acceptable, I live upcountry so use of the Tollways is very sporadic, last time I was driving on one must have been 5+ years ago.

M-Flow

M-Pass

Easy Pass

Cash

Mobile Banking

all system is moving towards M-Flow, equipment for M flow are being installed in the Bangkok expressways, 

Hwy 7 to Pattaya is next 

M Pass is practically defunct, you can't get a new one

For the first year and a half when the M-Pass was started, you had to have both easy-pass and m pass as they can't talk to each other

Donmueang Tollway used to be their own thing and cash only but now has accepted Easy/M pass as well as contactless at the booths 

If you're mad that there's so many separate systems of payment for the toll roads, wait till you use the metro trains and bus these days 

systems not linked? easy pass and m pass are linked now so not considered separate system
you can opt in to have the m-flow deduct the amount from your easy pass
M flow is a convenient gate free lanes, you go through the lanes, you pay by their rule, no different than if some country bumpkin were to drive into easy pass lane with only cash 

the amount of signage leading up to the m-flow lane as well as coverage in the media regarding people being fined is quite extensive, arguably the name being closed to M-Pass can cause confusion 

if you call them and explain they can waive the first fine 

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

since you have 7 days to pay before the fine applies....

Ok, but how do you know what you have to pay?

And the fine was 300 because the actual cost was 30 which could have been paid during the 7 days, IF she had known about it, which they don't bother to inform you about!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSam said:

And the fine was 300 because the actual cost was 30 which could have been paid during the 7 days, IF she had known about it, which they don't bother to inform you about!

Same as the London congestion charge....you have no idea you forgot/didn't pay until....boom....big fat fine to pay....and I think you only have 24 hours to pay the charge itself.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

likely, but again THREE pay systems  not  linked, isnt that stupid? Id  say so

2 systems are linked, one isn't linked yet because it's new, only about 1 year old and it uses a different billing concept.

The concept between the 2 linked systems is consistent in that they both respond to a transponder, and that device can be moved from one vehicle to another. The m-flow system doesn't use transponders, it uses the vehicle license plate, and bills by license plate registration.

It makes sense not to link all 3 systems.

What's stupid is not learning about the different systems before starting to complain.

16 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

If you are not registered on M Flow system and do not have Easy Pass Plus, you can still use M Flow lanes. You have to log into M Flow website to find out the amount of toll. The toll is the same for M Flow registered or unregistered vehicles. There is no penalty if you pay on time.

Edited by Thailand J

17 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Surely you mean 5 systems, or is it more, or is the later two no longer acceptable, I live upcountry so use of the Tollways is very sporadic, last time I was driving on one must have been 5+ years ago.

M-Flow

M-Pass

Easy Pass

Cash

Mobile Banking

How does one use mobile banking at a toll ?

16 hours ago, digbeth said:

all system is moving towards M-Flow, equipment for M flow are being installed in the Bangkok expressways, 

Hwy 7 to Pattaya is next 

Be great when that happens... <deleted>s me no end having to slow for the tolls.