Used Vehicle Transfer Registration HELP

GeDocjerry

Help. I bought a used vehicle in Bangkok with Bangkok license. I live in Hua Hin., DO I HAVE TO REGISTER THE CAR IN BANGKOK OR CAN I DO IT IN HUA HIN.?

I talk to 10 different people and get 10 different answers.

Does anyone know what's correct.

Thanks in advance

Transfer of ownership must be done in the province the car is registered in and it makes no difference if the buyer\seller is Thai or foreign national.

If the car you bought is with Bangkok plates you can only make the transfer of ownership in Bangkok. The way around it is to first change plates to your province's plate - must be done by the registered owner, and once you have the new plates you can transfer the ownership in your province.

For a small fee agents can do it all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Transfer of ownership must be done in the province the car is registered in and it makes no difference if the buyer\seller is Thai or foreign national.

If the car you bought is with Bangkok plates you can only make the transfer of ownership in Bangkok. The way around it is to first change plates to your province's plate - must be done by the registered owner, and once you have the new plates you can transfer the ownership in your province.

For a small fee agents can do it all.

That Information is incorrect.

In August 2023 ,  I flew to Bangkok from Phuket and bought a 2022 Toyota Yaris from a private Thai man.

He gave me a signed copy of his ID and signed a power of attorney and signed transfer of ownership form. Also the Blue registration book , the car was registered in Bangkok .

I then immediately drove that car back to Phuket , then went to the local transport office and registered the car in my name.

Three days later I collected the Blue book and a brand new set of Phuket registration plates and a new road tax label now showing the new Phuket registration number .

I had to return the old Bangkok plates to the Phuket transport office that same day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Brick Top said:

That Information is incorrect.

In August 2023 ,  I flew to Bangkok from Phuket and bought a 2022 Toyota Yaris from a private Thai man.

He gave me a signed copy of his ID and signed a power of attorney and signed transfer of ownership form. Also the Blue registration book , the car was registered in Bangkok .

I then immediately drove that car back to Phuket , then went to the local transport office and registered the car in my name.

Three days later I collected the Blue book and a brand new set of Phuket registration plates and a new road tax label now showing the new Phuket registration number .

I had to return the old Bangkok plates to the Phuket transport office that same day.

So how was my information incorrect? You did ecxectly what I wrote: changed registration from Bangkok to Phuket and then transferred ownership...