Plastic Surgery

I'm a 55yo Australian man considering my options for a facelift. I've heard about plastic surgery vacations in Thailand, but do not know how to go about finding a reputable service. The story you hear, is the service is just as good, and even including airfares and a hosptital stay, a lot cheaper! I would to heard from anyone with experience, connections and or advice. (A friend living in Thailand told me about using this forum).

Thank you so much!

Steven

• Haha 1

Sheryl's advice is sound, and I would bet anyone she recommends is great.

My sister-in-law got a lift at Bumrungrad about 15 years ago and she was quite happy with it, and still is.

I think she sent pictures to the doctor, and they had it all planned out before they came. They incorporated it with a family vacation and everything went well.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you can afford it Bumungrad Hospital its tops.

If the richest oil sheiks, westerners, and uber rich Thais go there be assured its top notch.

Having said that there are many excellent private hospitals in Bangkok that can service your needs e.g Bangkok Nursing Hospital, BKK Hospital to name a few.

LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID DON'T GO TO AN ISLAND PACKAGE THING!

DON'T USE SOME MEDICAL-TOURISM AGENCY CAUSE YOU'LL PAY MORE TO PUT UNNECESSARY BUCKS INTO THEIR POCKETS.

Its not hard to set up your procedure from here.

In my opinion there is no comparison between the skills of Aussie to Thai plastic surgeons, the Thais have it sewn up (pun intended).

As one example of the excellent skills; Thais arguably do the best breast work I have ever had the privilege of test riding. I've had the opportunity to squeeze test a fair few bood-jobs across this great globe (pun also intended) ands Thai work is the best.

Can contact Bumungrad directly and begin setting up a date for tele-consult, face to face consult on arrival and surgery shortly thereafter.

There are tonnes of nice places to stay not too far away from B'grad Hospital, who will take good care of you post op, Agoda.com can help with that choice. B'grad can recommend patient serving accommodations nearby too.

Allow enough post-op recovery time before flying as its dangerous to ride in a pressurised cabin the after effects of the anaesthesia.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

If you can afford it Bumungrad Hospital its tops.

If the richest oil sheiks, westerners, and uber rich Thais go there be assured its top notch.

Having said that there are many excellent private hospitals in Bangkok that can service your needs e.g Bangkok Nursing Hospital, BKK Hospital to name a few.

LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID DON'T GO TO AN ISLAND PACKAGE THING!

DON'T USE SOME MEDICAL-TOURISM AGENCY CAUSE YOU'LL PAY MORE TO PUT UNNECESSARY BUCKS INTO THEIR POCKETS.

Its not hard to set up your procedure from here.

In my opinion there is no comparison between the skills of Aussie to Thai plastic surgeons, the Thais have it sewn up (pun intended).

As one example of the excellent skills; Thais arguably do the best breast work I have ever had the privilege of test riding. I've had the opportunity to squeeze test a fair few bood-jobs across this great globe (pun also intended) ands Thai work is the best.

Can contact Bumungrad directly and begin setting up a date for tele-consult, face to face consult on arrival and surgery shortly thereafter.

There are tonnes of nice places to stay not too far away from B'grad Hospital, who will take good care of you post op, Agoda.com can help with that choice. B'grad can recommend patient serving accommodations nearby too.

Allow enough post-op recovery time before flying as its dangerous to ride in a pressurised cabin the after effects of the anaesthesia.

I can't speak to comparative skills of cosmetic surgeons, but doctors in Thailand are generally not nearly as rushed as in the US. 

I have used Dr, Chartchai at Samitivej Hospital Sukhumvit 49 Bangkok.

He is very good and I have been happy with every surgery.

Not plastic surgery, actually, but reconstruction after cancer surgery.

He is so well regarded that he has patients flying in from Australia for his work.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/29/2023 at 3:46 PM, Steven from Australia said:

I'm a 55yo Australian man considering my options for a facelift.

Why?  Develop self-esteem, accept 'aging gracefully,' and save a ton of money.

Take a look at Super-Stars who have it done.  You can tell.  Not in a good way.  Even those who have 10s of millions and can afford "the best" often come away looking like like someone stretched Saran-wrap over their skulls.

Personally I don't see the point.  But?  To each their own.  Best of luck.  And yeah, get some recons for reputable plastic surgeons (AN members will be happy to assist), book an appointment, and get a consultation.  Bring your wallet.

• Love It 1

16 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Yes listen to Sheryl.  I was surprised at your age wanting a facelift.  You are still young believe it or not.  Take Sheryl’s advice and look into some less invasive options 

Exactly.  At 55 I was still a sexy "Hansum Man."  At 71 I'm now a gracefully aging, distinguished-looking, farang who is now called Luang and Puu by the villagers and family.  (Uncle and Grand-dad if you're wondering).  :thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, connda said:

Why?  Develop self-esteem, accept 'aging gracefully,' and save a ton of money.

Take a look at Super-Stars who have it done.  You can tell.  Not in a good way.  Even those who have 10s of millions and can afford "the best" often come away looking like like someone stretched Saran-wrap over their skulls.

Personally I don't see the point.  But?  To each their own.  Best of luck.  And yeah, get some recons for reputable plastic surgeons (AN members will be happy to assist), book an appointment, and get a consultation.  Bring your wallet.

I think it's a no-win situation with super stars.  If they don't do it, they get horrid comments on how awful they look.  If they do have plastic surgery, they also get horrid comments on how awful they look.  Take your pick.

Jane Fonda is a good example of someone who I think did it right--and, apparently had a terrific plastic surgeon.  But, she has also kept herself extremely fit, so the plastic surgery went hand in hand--and she just ended up continuing to look terrific as she aged, and still does.  I remember watching one episode of the tv show she did with Lily Tomlin and, in one scene, Fonda casually lifts her leg with no effort and rests it up on the kitchen counter--probably late 70s at the time.  I thought to myself, I doubt I could do that--and if I tried I'd probably land on my ass.  

On 10/29/2023 at 8:54 PM, Sheryl said:

You do not need a plastic surgery vacation service and no advantage to using one.

You can easily book with a plastic surgeon yourself online and make appointment. Travel and hotels are very easy to arrange yourself 

Do NOT book at a hospital on or near an island resort or the like. For the best results use an experienced plastic surgeon in Bangkok. 

You can get a free online consultation at www.yanhee.net Upload photos of your face from all angles.

Suggest also contacting the Preecha Institute. 

https://pai.co.th/contact-consult/

Nowadays not so usual to get a surgical facelift at 55. Less invasive measures like botox, fillers and thread lifts usually suffice. Have you tried these slready?

Which place(s) should be considered for thread lift in Bangkok?

2 hours ago, Topprofile said:

Which place(s) should be considered for thread lift in Bangkok?

Personally I go to Dr. Donna at Medconsult.    https://www.medconsultasia.com/what-is-a-thread-lift/

Currently charging just 2,500 baht per thread though I think that is a timebound promotion.

She has done thread lifts for me twice, pleased both times with outcome. Lasts 1-2 years.

I also go to her for filler and botox. Often a combo of all 3 is needed for best results.

Thread lift as the name implies lifts things upward. Botox on the other hand is good for lines, especially on the forehead and crowsfeet. Filler helps restore facial volume and to some extent can lift things up when applied to say cheekbone area.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Personally I go to Dr. Donna at Medconsult.    https://www.medconsultasia.com/what-is-a-thread-lift/

Currently charging just 2,500 baht per thread though I think that is a timebound promotion.

She has done thread lifts for me twice, pleased both times with outcome. Lasts 1-2 years.

I also go to her for filler and botox. Often a combo of all 3 is needed for best results.

Thread lift as the name implies lifts things upward. Botox on the other hand is good for lines, especially on the forehead and crowsfeet. Filler helps restore facial volume and to some extent can lift things up when applied to say cheekbone area.

Oh really I had not even considered that, or I didn't even know she was in that business.

Thank you! I will look into it

ALL SURGERY HAS RISKS, which is why you have to sign a consent.

Consider what might happen if it goes wrong, and is it worth it?

Again, there is NO SUCH THING AS SURGERY WITHOUT RISK of something going wrong.

I've had plenty of operations, but only for problems that HAD to be operated on. The one exception was for bilateral Blepharoplasty, but I worked with the surgeon, so knew she was a good surgeon and I only had sedation, not a GA. Not many will be in the position of working with the surgeon to be able to trust them.