New home and strange request from Land Department

I made a gift for our 20 marriage anniversary to my wife and buy a new home to her. The home is totally at her name, but she called me that if I don't go to the Land Department with her and give my passport they will not release the chanot to her. With our first home (ten years ago) that not happened. New rules? 

In my opinion I think she wants me to sign a paper where it's stated that I no have any power on the house, like renting, selling etc. For me is ok as I own a condo. Just strange request.

Thank you

Edited by Mika78

It has nothing to do with you being non Thai or where the money came from. One of the standard questions asked by the land department is if the buyer\seller are married, and if the answer is yes - the spouse must sign a consent to the deal.i bought few properties so far, and always been asked if married or not (2 different land offices).

As everything in Thailand, some offices\officers might not ask, but according to the law they should, and the spouse should sign as well.

On 10/31/2023 at 3:44 PM, LukKrueng said:

It has nothing to do with you being non Thai or where the money came from. One of the standard questions asked by the land department is if the buyer\seller are married, and if the answer is yes - the spouse must sign a consent to the deal.i bought few properties so far, and always been asked if married or not (2 different land offices).

As everything in Thailand, some offices\officers might not ask, but according to the law they should, and the spouse should sign as well.

Yes just to do with marriage