Happy High Season Everyone!

bob smith

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

Congrats on the demographics of your Mrs' village. Sounds like they also attended a prep school like Phillips Andover or Choate. Bankers, eh? Maybe they were my colleagues at Goldman Sachs or my hedge funds?

My experience in Isaan, undoubtedly incorrect, differs markedly.

Post-Covid I have been in Sakaeo, Buriram and Ubon. Granted, that's not all of Isaan. Half finished structures everywhere, as bank loans disappeared during Covid. Jobs are unavailable. Even in Big C and Lotus', they are wildly overstaffed (staff sitting down chatting in the aisles) and need not hire anymore. Lots of drunk men and lazy young men demanding (you know, that filial piety thing) sis send them money from Pattaya or Bangkok. Many babies being cared for by grandmoms or great grandmoms, as birth mom is working in the big city. Women who became mothers at a tender age were forced out of school, and can't even get hired at 7-11, as a degree is required. Oh, and farm production is down, so prices have risen.

Some of my staff are from these cities and villages. Two differences I see between them and bargirls---whom my staff absolutely do not look down on. One is that my staff didn't get pregnant at 15 like some of their classmates. Another is that they don't have drunk uncles and neer-do-well brothers, nor gambling addict mothers, expecting to be supported by sisters, daughters or nieces working the chrome poles.

Being attractive, but having a family full of parasites, is bad enough. One act of youthful indiscretion---usually initiated by the boyfriend who subsequently does a runner---changes these women's lives forever. As a male, who am I to judge?

There but for the grace of Zeus.........

I now return control of this thread back to Bob.

thanks buddy!

can always rely on Walker to interject with a bit of common sense 🙂 

On 11/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, bob smith said:

I honestly, from the bottom of my heart would like to wish everyone a profitable high season!

even the taxi drivers, hookers, hawkers etc.

everyone deserves a big chomp at the pie after all the sh*t we have been through.

Well they certainly should get a bigger slice with the longer hours in the new year LOL

23 hours ago, bob smith said:

thanks buddy!

can always rely on Walker to interject with a bit of common sense 🙂 

When do you plan to honour NANA  I would be honoured to buy you a drink and find ut your secrets for doing so well with your life.