Gardening

blueeyes

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Do you need an actual gardener or just labour to do as you/your lady says, a "green side up" type person?

Do you have tools, mower, strimmer etc. etc?

@blueeyes my Thai wife usually gets good older people to do the hard bits in the garden sometimes. She always pays minimum, so get your Thai wife to do the hiring.

I get the same guy every week to clean the pool and pay him B350 for about 2 hours work. 

I'd say B300 per day for yard work especially leaving a 1m mulch area under the trees.

• Like 1

Madam pays the village ladies to help her in the garden (we have a man that comes on Sunday who cuts the grass etc.), she pays 300 Baht for about half a day.

Nothing regular, Madam needs help she calls a lady and she comes round and helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, blueeyes said:

Carlyai  It's the wife I am trying to stop from doing it she is climbing tree's cutting branches off etc.

now thats a worthy partner....  my 1st one when water stopped I found her under the house priming the pump... Mai pen drai ....  wow...  and shes hot too...

• Haha 1

I live alone in Nong Bua Lamphu province with 3.5 rai of garden and pay 500thb per day for 2 workers 4-6 days a month each. I provide water plus bananas and other products from the garden.  They bring their lunch. 

I have lawnmower, trimmers, chainsaw and many western style tools.  They do the basic periodic jobs and projects as directed.

Same program for about 2 years and for now, everybody is happy. 👍👍

Edited by Wanderer555
  • Like 1

Produce is a very good way to pay a bonus!

Last Friday our local immigration chaps visited on their annual visa-extension call, spotted some "food plants" (looks like something I would spray) and spent a happy 10 minutes collecting large bunches which went in the boot of the "smart" BMW :whistling: 

Last year they took a load of papaya 🙂 

• Like 1