Cannabis cookies - which dosage, which source in Jomtien?

Hello, sorry, newbie questions here. I can only consume cookies - no smoking or oils or butter, they are not an option.

How many milligrams of THC in a cookie are useful for a single dose for a healthy adult? Which product? I'd love a slight dizziness or elation, but not solid hammeredness. (As for alcohol, I can take a relatively big amount compared to co-imbibers, before I feel seriously affected. But I don't know about cannabis cookies within me.)

Is there a certain dispensary in Jomtien (preferred) or Pattaya that you recommend? It's okay to be more expensive if it is safe, knowledgeable and convenient. I just want to buy there - consumption would be on beach or balcony. It's only about a small one-off test amount, so i don't want to travel far or search online for better prices. It’s just a first test. 

Thanks!

== Above are the important questions. Below just an irrelevant personal backstory. ==

In late 2022 I entered this dispensary in Jomtien (GrandDaddy House (ha!) on Phratamnak 5 near beach, here on Google Maps, 2 staff visible😞

52670595549_d0b166b8fe_k.thumb.jpg.1fb4114a61eb29e0716804512177c4bf.jpg

They suggested as a newbie I should buy this:

52670595474_d24578c3b0_k.thumb.jpg.8a628ff8b7d7a8e2e9e0896643501809.jpg52670744060_a0b0049e65_k.thumb.jpg.140db6dbf5a400307008dfe2cfba8955.jpg

The six very small, dark cookies have a total of 20x6=120 milligrams or 400 milligrams,  depending on which side of the package you trust (if any). The dispensary ladies advised me that as a newbie I should consume one or two of those cookies at a time (meaning 20 or forty milligram THC, assumed the sticker on the sachet is correct). I had one, then a second cookie on a quiet part of beach around sunset and felt  nothing. Later I walked away without feeling anything unusual.

Later on another night on my balcony I absentmindedly by accident ate four of those cookies in a row. I still didn't notice anything special; later I went to bed and had a regular sleep (the corona vaccination drugged me nicer).

If you know anything about this THC cookie brand or this dispensary, i’d be interested, but i’d be even more interested in recommendations for other, better options.

A friend tried a Brownie from La Choza and reported that it was small be good. 200 baht.  
I don’t know if you are differentiating between brownies and cookies 🍪 

If you don’t mind waiting a day or two; @stoner

His wife has some genuine cookies and can send them out. 

• Like 1

Unless you want to make the cookies yourself, which is fairly easy if you have an oven a stove and some pots, I'd just buy cookies and if it it's a large one I'd start with one quarter of it on an empty stomach and then wait. Usually they start kicking in after about 45 minutes to an hour. If after 2 hours nothing has happened I'd wait until the next day and double the dosage. Do NOT eat more on the same day because otherwise it might flatten you for a while when both cookies kick in. If you eat them after a meal it can take 4 hours or longer for them to kick in. 

I got some recipes off the internet. The chocolate cookie recepie I've used called for 7 grams of weed and it should've given me only 18 cookies, which seemed way too high a dosage. So I've doubled all the ingredients, but used only 5 grams of weed. I then smeared it on a baking sheet, flattened and evend it out and cut it into 90 cookies. I gave one to a friend of mine who hadn't consumed any weed for quite some time. He took one third and was nicely stoned. He recently ate a whole one and got very high. I usually eat 2 at once. 

5 grams divided by 90 cookies is 0.055 grams per cookie. The initial recipe would've been 0.38 grams, which is way too much, if you're just looking for nice little buzz.  If you buy some, ask them how much is in one cookie then you can just divide the cookie accordingly. As I've said before, I'd start small and work my way up.

word of advice for anyone looking into edibles...

there is a new way to make the edibles (nano emulsion) which allows the effect to happen in literally minutes. these are not normal and are absorbed much much faster by your liver than previous edibles. 

Edited by stoner

18 hours ago, NextG said:

A friend tried a Brownie from La Choza and reported that it was small be good. 200 baht.  
I don’t know if you are differentiating between brownies and cookies 🍪 

If you don’t mind waiting a day or two; @stoner

His wife has some genuine cookies and can send them out. 

you wrote ''small be good'' ?? that must be some good dope youre smoking 55

For me the edibles in Thailand don't work at all. I get my joints from the Blow franchises in Pattaya, the c- class for 100 Baht a joint are great. Half a joint is enough. Tried the more expensive ones ,but the only thing different was the price. Also tried the edibles, from low dose to what they said was the most potent (and most expensive) and felt absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

For me the edibles in Thailand don't work at all. I get my joints from the Blow franchises in Pattaya, the c- class for 100 Baht a joint are great. Half a joint is enough. Tried the more expensive ones ,but the only thing different was the price. Also tried the edibles, from low dose to what they said was the most potent (and most expensive) and felt absolutely nothing. 

Same here. Tried around 5 different shop from Pattaya and jomtien. Maybe I felt a hint of thc. Went back to making my own. Half a CC cookie does the deed. 

I use 14-21g of small bud trim, yielding about 900-1200g of cookie. Eat 40-70g for a nice buzz. Theoretically, the max yield at 20% THC would be ~3.5mg THC/g of cookie. That would be 140-245mg/session. Assume losses: some during decarb, some during oil/butter recovery, maybe bud not at listed 20% minimum, so maybe actually consuming 70-120mg/session @50% of theoretical.  I think I have a high tolerance, as smoking 2-3g/day. I decarb and extract in a small machine that I ordered on Amazon and a friend brought over from the States.

One batch paralyzed me after I ate 70g. Usually, solid buzz if eating in the afternoon. If I eat at 2100, I get great sleep and feel a bit woozy in the next AM.

I don't trust the stated quantities on any commercial product in Thailand. Too many variables. Looking at Henrik2000's post above, with different potencies listed on the front and back of the package, is about the level of accuracy and consistency I would expect from commercial products.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, paddypower said:

you wrote ''small be good'' ?? that must be some good dope youre smoking 55

Predictive text…were you born just yesterday?

I even had to edit this post because my phone keeps changing ‘were’ to ‘we’re’. 

Hi(gh) all, thanks for some good advice!

Gargamon, thanks for a pic of a tried + tested brand. I will look out for it.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Forget cookies these far more yummy and 1 will do the trick. Good old Aussie treat with special additive.20231101_152016.heic20231025_160343.heic

Thanks, but couldn't you set your iPhone to upload JPGs, not HEICs - can't see them online, can't open them offline (on Android, Windows).

6 minutes ago, henrik2000 said:

Hi(gh) all, thanks for some good advice!

Gargamon, thanks for a pic of a tried + tested brand. I will look out for it.

Thanks, but couldn't you set your iPhone to upload JPGs, not HEICs - can't see them online, can't open them offline (on Android, Windows).

Again… @stoner