Covid-19 boosters

Klong Song

Try a government hospital. 

I enquired about a booster at the Bangkok Rayong Hospital early this year, but was told that they and most private hospitals aren't bothering because there's no market for them - the Thais know they can get them for free at government hospitals. I subsequently went to our local place and was given one for free - no bother. If you have paperwork and a "Thai id number" from a previous vaccination that will help the process..

• Thanks 2

Since the OP is referencing the BKK area, the best course probably is to contact your nearest district Ministry of Public Health center and ask what nearby government hospitals, if any, are still providing the vaccines. Or do the same directly if you have a government hospital in your area.

This below is the last public thing I've seen re Bangkok as of mid Oct. If the hospital below isn't still giving vaccines, the staff there reachable at the contact phone number might also know who is.

Luangphor Thaweesak Chutintharo Uthit Hospital
Open for vaccination service COVID-19 vaccine Pfizer (walk in)
October 2023
- Adults and children over 5 years old, Thursday 12, 19 and 26 October.
- Children aged 6 months - 5 years, Thursday 12 and 26 October
At the Social Security inspection room from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

For more information, please contact the hospital's UMSC Center.
0-2429-3575 to 81 press 0 (on business days and times)

Source: Luangphor Thaweesak Chutintharo Uthit Hospital

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/pfbid0FPBFtHAv4wn8zxRUUCiPgabjPo6p1LbcMMn8qhQpjt3wVHGGdteXxA1tp7cA9CBBl

Screenshot_14.jpg.6ce8d1affaeb282a2e01c5fba0304ad2.jpg

The Thai Ministry of Public Health should be communicating about such things. But they don't appear to be doing so at all these days, with the recent election and turnover in government leadership and the minister in charge of MoPH.

AFAIK there are no boosters for the current new variants. When I had my 'flu jab at BNH in Bangkok the doctor said that there was no need to get any covid booster. This is a completely different response to that being given in the West, (USA & UK). In the latter, my cousin (same age as me, 66), has had his eighth covid shot, (a booster for the new variant). I last had my 3rd covid vax in 2021, caught covid in Spain last year, with minimal symptoms.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thailand doesn't have any of the newer, monovalent boosters that have been rolled out recently in the U.S., UK and elsewhere...

However, particularly for people at higher risk for COVID such as the older folks and those with chronic health issues, even last year's bivalent boosters from Pfizer and Moderna should help restore some of the protection that's waned since a person's last prior shot, likely many months prior.

One reason to wait, of course, would be if the person had any expectation of being able to obtain the newer monovalent vaccines anytime in the near future, and/or prior to any activities that would put them at extra risk, such as community holiday and family gatherings, etc etc.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK