I totaled my car, now what do I do with the license plates and the blue book?

miketu

Hello, I was in a car wreck and totaled my car and now I need to dispose of it as it's unrepairable.  What do I do with my license plates and my blue book? A car shop that did the repairs on the the car said that they could help me sell the car for junk but what do I do with the license plate on the car and the blue book?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, roo860 said:

When my car was written off, no other vehicles involved, 2nd class insurance, sold it to the recovery company, just signed the transfer papers and gave them the green book.

OK thanks that's what I'll do

• Thumbs Up 1

I would break the car for bits and keep the number plates and book as a reminder, but they could be useful to someone who wants to put a restored vehicle back on the road, what is the age make and  model of the vehicle

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

As you can see from the emoji reactions to your post the unhelpful , unnecessary,snide comment you made suggesting he might be drunk or on the phone was perceived as such  by others too. You have form for this ,but as usual you like to dish it out but can't take it. 

No I just asked a question as most crashes are due to driver error. I can see you are an angry person. Your problem not mine. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:30 PM, miketu said:

A car shop that did the repairs on the the car said that they could help me sell the car for junk but what do I do with the license plate on the car and the blue book?

Whomever buys the car (for junk or whatever purpose) gets the plates and the book.

14 minutes ago, bignok said:
17 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

As you can see from the emoji reactions to your post the unhelpful , unnecessary,snide comment you made suggesting he might be drunk or on the phone was perceived as such  by others too. You have form for this ,but as usual you like to dish it out but can't take it. 

No I just asked a question...

But your "questions" (which many would perceive as rhetorical) where dripping with gratuitous innuendo.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

60yos using sad emojis. Rather pathetic isnt it? 

Err...why do you think ASEAN NOW is providing that facility next to each comment? Your implication therefore is that the very many using that facility in the way it is designed are pathetic,quite a wide ranging damnation of fellow posters,eh ? 

That hole getting deeper,big Nok...?

• Haha 2