Elon Musk unveils Grok, an AI chatbot with a ‘rebellious streak’

Social Media

image.png

Elon Musk has unveiled Grok, an artificial intelligence chatbot with a “rebellious streak” inspired by The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

The Tesla CEO, who warned last week that AI was “one of the biggest threats to humanity”, said the competitor to ChatGPT would be made available to premium subscribers on his X platform after testing.

Musk also revealed that Grok had access to user posts on X, which he owns, and has a penchant for sarcastic responses.

image.png

Musk posted an apparent example of Grok’s playful tone with a screengrab of a query to the chatbot asking it for a “step by step” guide to making cocaine. The four steps outlined in the reply include “obtain a chemistry degree” and “set up a clandestine laboratory in a remote location”.

However, the chatbot adds at the end: “Just kidding! Please don’t actually try to make cocaine. It’s illegal, dangerous, and not something I would ever encourage.”

FULL STORY

Guardian.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

when will these things start joining forums?

~

ChatGTP  is already on the AseanNow Forum - just click the 'ChatGTP' tab (starting from left it's the 6th one) on the black ribbon at the top of the page. 

The current version on AseanNow is ChatGPT v3.5 Turbo. Version 4 coming shortly.

= = =

Note that that v3.5 is not browsing the Internet in real-time, but is consulting its huge database. 

Hence it has no access to information after 2021, so no use asking about recent events or developments. 

Also its database is limited to 'trusted sources' from mainstream media. 

Finally, when quering ChatGPT and you are not sure whether its response was correct, it is useful to challenge the system.  It 'apologized' a couple of times to me, when I confronted it with an incorrect response.  

Grok having real-time access to X (former Twitter) would be a far better tool than the current v3.5 version of ChatGTP. 

Was there not a Thai chat thing a few years ago. I think it was called 'sim-simmer'. As it grew in popularity, it also correspondingly grew the data base from which it tapped into.

This AI stuff, is a bit of a fear red-herring.

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

No I mean registering as a user and participating in the forum, maybe even pretending to be a human  

There is one poster that I'm suspicious about. He/it only responds when a 'key' word or phrase it used. Such as in 'Climate change'. If the words are spelt Klimate change, and we know what that means, there will be nothing forthcoming.

These 'intellibots' are only as good as their data bases.

• Thumbs Up 1