Electric Bill Usage.

NoshowJones

There are new security camera's you can buy now which only require  screwing the camera into a bedside lamp in place of a bulb.

I think that's a great idea but would wonder about the added cost to your monthly electric bill if you had say three of these camera's 

switched on permanently in your house added to the cost of your monthly electric bill. What do you think?

Negligible. We have several inside the house.....about 7, I think, they can be accessed directly by phone, and my wife uses them to check up on the servants while we are away.....and 12 outside more traditional cameras. These use next to nothing in electric and can't say I've noticed any difference in electric bills since using them.

What drives our high bills are a) 10 a/c units b) Clothes drier for my clothes c) Washing machine with heater for my clothes 90 degree wash d) 100 lights or so all around the property inside and outside the walls on all night e) electrified fencing one top of the walls, and hundreds of pumps, for fish and water running day and night. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

Negligible. We have several inside the house.....about 7, I think, they can be accessed directly by phone, and my wife uses them to check up on the servants while we are away.....and 12 outside more traditional cameras. These use next to nothing in electric and can't say I've noticed any difference in electric bills since using them.

What drives our high bills are a) 10 a/c units b) Clothes drier for my clothes c) Washing machine with heater for my clothes 90 degree wash d) 100 lights or so all around the property inside and outside the walls on all night e) electrified fencing one top of the walls, and hundreds of pumps, for fish and water running day and night. 

I like your style, he'll yeah