Iranian Tourist Seriously Injured After Being Rescued from Drowning in Krabi

webfact

image.jpeg

Krabi – A 71 year-old Iranian tourist has sustained severe injuries after he was rescued from nearly drowning in the Ao Luek district.

The head of the Than Bok Khorani National Park Mr. Siriwat Suebsai told the Phuket Express that on Monday (November 6th) they were notified that a tourist was unconscious at the Pak Kah Island which is about three kilometers from the Hong Islands.

They arrived at the island to find the unidentified 71-year-old male Iranian tourist. He was provided CPR while being taken back to land and heading to a hospital in Mueang Krabi.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-11-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

So he sustained injuries after being rescued. 

Could you please tell us how?

It's just bad writing. He sustained the injuries because he almost drowned. You lungs are coated on the inside by a film that keeps your lungs from sticking together. When water enters your lungs it can wash the film off and then your lungs will stick together which will cause you to suffocate. It's called secondary drowning. That's why it's so important to always bring people who almost drowned to a hospital because this can happen up to three says after a person has almost drowned. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

At 71 years of age, one might think people would know their limits.

Man across the soi from me is nearly 75 and just started a relationship with a girl 29. I think them there 70 year olds are making a last few rash and ill fated decisions in that final push for the winning post

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Man across the soi from me is nearly 75 and just started a relationship with a girl 29. I think them there 70 year olds are making a last few rash and ill fated decisions in that final push for the winning post

Might be judicious to employ a food taster as well, 45 years is pushing the age gap to the bounds of credibility :crazy: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yeah, it´s amazing how crazy some people are.