Man Arrested in Phuket For Allegedly Sexually Assaulting a Colleague

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket – A man was arrested in Phuket after he allegedly sexually assaulted his female colleague in Rayong.

The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) told the Phuket Express that this week they have arrested a suspect identified only as Mr. Atthanee at a parking area at a department store in Chalong, Mueang Phuket. He is accused of sexually assaulting another person whose age is more than 15-years-old and detaining a person against their will.

A female victim, 27, whose name has been withheld for their privacy, worked at the same place as the suspect. 

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-11-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Yet another case that a man does not know the meaning of "NO" by a woman. Showing no respect at all.

So let the court decide how to punish him.

Maybe, but I'll wait for the investigation.  Too many recent cases where CCTV showed a very different story than the alleged victim told.

Last one I saw, I'd call blackout drinking by the alleged victim.  She consented, but didn't remember later.  In fact, she didn't just consent, she was the instigator.  Poor guy was raked over the coals before they found the CCTV footage.  (USA, not in Thailand)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2