KL embassy recent experience?

Hi, did anyone recently apply for tourist visa at Thai embassy in KL?

I'll be in KL for a week in December, so I'd like to try it while I'm there.

There's that infamous requirement: "Proof of payment for the hotel (receipt must state the tax payer number of the relevant hotel)".

I (like everyone else) will book the hotel on Booking or Agoda, where some hotels doesn't need any prepayment.. But to make them happy, I can book the hotel with prepayment option (and cancel later)... But there's still that part "hotel's tax payer number", how to go around that? It's impossible since we're dealing with booking website, and not with the hotel directly...

Or should I just show them Booking / Agoda PDF confirmation printout?

One guy did it earlier this year and it was OK... So I'm looking for more recent experiences, thanks! :-)

Last time I checked, KL uses an appointment system now and all immediately available spots are taken by local agents it seems. You may want to look at their site and be sure to secure an appointment before showing up otherwise you may be out of luck. Worse case you could hire a local agent to take care if it. 

On 11/10/2023 at 9:03 AM, khunjake said:

Last time I checked, KL uses an appointment system now and all immediately available spots are taken by local agents it seems. You may want to look at their site and be sure to secure an appointment before showing up otherwise you may be out of luck. Worse case you could hire a local agent to take care if it. 

Appointments are OK, just now I checked the first available dates are November 21-25, and I'm going to KL next month so the appointment booking will be easy... I was just wondering about other's experience regarding that tricky requirement for th the hotel payment & tax number.