Plant Name Translation En-th

londonthai

Khun BambinA: is catnip mostly lemongrass? Or what is in it, exactly? it sure is amazing stuff, when you see what it does to cats. Makes one envious...

Also, I once read that crysanthamums were natural mosquito repellant, but I'm not certain.

Khun BambinA: is catnip mostly lemongrass? Or what is in it, exactly? it sure is amazing stuff, when you see what it does to cats. Makes one envious...

Also, I once read that crysanthamums were natural mosquito repellant, but I'm not certain.

Dear K. Mangkorn,

I have no idea about the effect of catnip to mozzies( just know it makes cats be crazy).And Chrysanthemums tea is lovely ,I love it lol :o

I believe that citronella grass is actually called Ta Krai Hom. I believe that Ta Krai is actually lemon grass which is used in cooking while citronella grass is not.

Citronella grass, Ta Krai Hom, is readily available in northern Thailand. I have some growing around now in various places....we still get mosquitos though. I got my first plants from Mae Jo University in Chaingmai (I just mentioned it to someone there and they gave me some starts free) but if you find someone in the know you can probably get starts from many places...I think it is fairly wide spread. If you find some just dig off part of a clump (it grows in large clumps) and divide the portion you take into individual stocks with root crown attached and plant to approximately the same depth it was when you dug it.....they propogate really easily and are pretty much self sustaining once they get started.

citronella grass is actually called "Ta Krai Hom" > ตะไคร้หอม

And I think Chownah put the right answer :o