Drugs for itchiness in dog

chuang

Was getting a monthly shot for ticks and fleas from the Vet, after about 4 years the dog started scratching non stop, went to the vet for the monthly shot and they noticed the dog scrstching, dog had developed and  allergie to the injection. Stopped the injections and within a month the dog stopped scratching, now only use the liquid on the back of the neck all is good

19 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Have you tried bathing it with a flea dig additive in the water? I assume that is the reason for the itchiness.

Dog is not flea infected..

We just bath him with whatever drugs prescribed by the vets...when itch starts poor guy starts barking and howling.. rubbing the body against the floor..

1 minute ago, chuang said:

We just bath him with whatever drugs prescribed by the vets...when itch starts poor guy starts barking and howling.. rubbing the body against the floor..

Obviously has a skin complain. I am surprised if the vet can not prescribe something for it.

9 minutes ago, chuang said:

It could be mites.  A bug med like Bravecto will kill mites including mange.  He may need an oral systemic bug killer that targets ticks, fleas, mange, and other mites.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, connda said:

It could be mites.  A bug med like Bravecto will kill mites including mange.  He may need an oral systemic bug killer that targets ticks, fleas, mange, and other mites.

Our vet prescribed Bravecto for our dog, but after 2 doses by the vet, I now buy them from Lazada and give it to my dog myself.