Thailand smog sparks outcry, public anticipation for clean air act grows

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The recurring smog season in Thailand’s northern provinces has sparked increasing public dissatisfaction. Notably, a 28 year old doctor in Chiang Mai, Krittai Tanasombatkul, who was diagnosed with lung cancer despite being a non-smoker, used his social media platform to question why the persistent PM2.5 pollution issue has not been resolved by the authorities.

I've said it multiple times... 

get the governor, the businesses and the farming culprits in a room and give them the sermon.

It stops or your out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

So sad to think politicians believe the issuing of an act achieves anything.........nothing, absolutely nothing will change.

I know this isn't an airport, but I think it will have to be the UK Feb to May. 

Didn't King Canute { Cnut, Britain 1016 AD }, try a similar thing, trying to order back the sea  ?

Didn't work then did it  ? 

NO Statement / Law, EVER works unless there is Enforcement, to go along with it  !

Thailand is looking more like China every day  !

The rainy season has hardly ended and the morons start burning again. Already figures in purple, PM10 values of 243 and 199. I dread to think what this map will look like in March/April, the whole north of Thailand will probably be screwed. 
And still the only thing the government does is pass another Act, and continue to sit on their thumbs. There’s no money to be made, so they do nothing. 

Could contain:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I've said it multiple times... 

get the governor, the businesses and the farming culprits in a room and give them the sermon.

It stops or your out.

Right. Crop burning is the main culprit. Stopping farmers from doing it is difficult. Village folk take care of themselves and don't follow government advice or rules.