Agency for TM30 reporting?

snoopylanka

@Red Phoenix has put together a guide how to do your own tm30.  If you send him a PM he will send the guide and other files to you.

I managed to do it all from start to finish by myself using signed copies of Thai ID and blue house book from my wife, the house owner.  I went to Immigration and got my stamped tm30 receipt and requested two residence certificates a couple of days later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

@Red Phoenix has put together a guide how to do your own tm30.  If you send him a PM he will send the guide and other files to you.

I managed to do it all from start to finish by myself using signed copies of Thai ID and blue house book from my wife, the house owner.  I went to Immigration and got my stamped tm30 receipt and requested two residence certificates a couple of days later.

How long did you have to stand in the queue to get it done? That is my main concern. 

1 hour ago, snoopylanka said:

How long did you have to stand in the queue to get it done? That is my main concern. 

I did have to wait about 20 minutes sitting in the office to get the tm30 stamped receipt.  All the rest was done at my own pace on my desktop at home.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

Why did you need to get an online approval stamped by immigration?

You need a tm30 receipt to get a residence certificate, which is required if you want to get/renew a driver license or to open a bank account.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

You need a tm30 receipt to get a residence certificate, which is required if you want to get/renew a driver license or to open a bank account.

Thank you.  But I already have a manual tm 30, and now also registered on line.  So, I will wait and see what happens at visa annual extension. 

18 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Thank you.  But I already have a manual tm 30, and now also registered on line.  So, I will wait and see what happens at visa annual extension. 

I'm in the same position, if your extension is before April please let me know how you got on and what problems were incurred, thanks.

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

I'm in the same position, if your extension is before April please let me know how you got on and what problems were incurred, thanks.

My extension is due 10 June, but I always do it 44 days before.  Next year it will be first week in May.

So, keep me in mind when you do yours first.  I really don't think ot will be an issue for us.

1 minute ago, Raindancer said:

My extension is due 10 June, but I always do it 44 days before.  Next year it will be first week in May.

So, keep me in mind when you do yours first.  I really don't think ot will be an issue for us.

I've only once come across a real show stopper issue, and that was the IO wanted to see the "Affirmation of Freedom to Marry" which the Amper had "misfiled" and couldn't locate, and my copy was destroyed on coming here to live after 5 years in the UK, no problem moved to retirement. Everything else was just upsetting nausea & bs.

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, Raindancer said:

Why did you need to get an online approval stamped by immigration?

Unlike the TM47 you do not get a receipt of notification by doing the TM30 online  so I guess you would have to get the hard copy to be able to get cert residence etc?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Unlike the TM47 you do not get a receipt of notification by doing the TM30 online  so I guess you would have to get the hard copy to be able to get cert residence etc?

Exactly... I needed a copy of the receipt to hand in with the request for a residence certificate.  At least the receipt is free apart from costing me 20 minutes of waiting.  Waiting at the Imm. office better than at many places because it's a good spot for people watching.

Edited by gamb00ler

14 hours ago, Thailand said:

Once the TM30 is successfully registered online, it is accessible online. You can screenshot it and print it out.

PS When I first applied for my visa extension on the grounds of retirement, it turned out my landlady hadn't done a TM30. ( I'd asked her for one, she sent copies of some papers, at the time I didn't know what one looked like...I do now. )

I was in Immigration at CW so I messaged her agent, he applied for it online, messaged a screenshot, printed it downstairs and everyone was happy. Took about half an hour. 

On 11/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, gamb00ler said:

Does that guide still work with the new TM-30 system? 

3 hours ago, jippytum said:

Really... Some people would use an agent to wipe their backside

While agree with you, some of us can't stand for long periods. I have a problem now with having to climb 2 flights of very steep stairs at my bank, the only one left in my province now, where I must go to get my same day guff for my marriage extension this year, next year I may no longer be able to even get up them. No disability access, and I have no idea how to overcome this. 

On 11/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, gamb00ler said:

Easy to do by Thai Post also. No need to go to Immigration yourself. Include self addressed envelope, the receipt will be posted back to you.

10 minutes ago, kennw said:

Easy to do by Thai Post also. No need to go to Immigration yourself. Include self addressed envelope, the receipt will be posted back to you.

Don't see the need for a receipt, unless you need a residents certificate for driving licence.

Just screenshot, print out and attach to current manually issued one until required for next extension of permission to stay.

Edited by Raindancer
Additional information