Land Rover Freelander

Ad in today's Thai Rath newspaper for Freelander, priced at 1,490,00 baht. Are these assmbled here now - sounds too cheap for import? Sorry if this isn't news or has been discussed elsewhere, I don't follow this forum so much. Thought I'd post it before everyone rushes out & buys the Daewoo Captiva :o

The Mark 2 Freelander i suspect?? Not a good car if you believe the juornos'

I guess they are trying to clear the stock before the new Mark 3 is sold here...Now that is a good car and is selling well in the UK.

Ad in today's Thai Rath newspaper for Freelander, priced at 1,490,00 baht. Are these assmbled here now - sounds too cheap for import? Sorry if this isn't news or has been discussed elsewhere, I don't follow this forum so much. Thought I'd post it before everyone rushes out & buys the Daewoo Captiva :o

Freelander WAS assembled in Thailand a couple of years ago at the same facility where Volvo kits get thrown together. Its no longer assembled here as they have a large glut of unsold Freelanders. That price is probably referring to the 2002 model which has the old headlights as the most easy way to recognise it. The upgraded model 2003 with the new style lights and interior is more expensive. Last I heard they still had to shift about 250 of them before the new model arrives and they sell at the rate of about 4 a week.

Freelander WAS assembled in Thailand a couple of years ago at the same facility where Volvo kits get thrown together. Its no longer assembled here as they have a large glut of unsold Freelanders. That price is probably referring to the 2002 model which has the old headlights as the most easy way to recognise it. The upgraded model 2003 with the new style lights and interior is more expensive. Last I heard they still had to shift about 250 of them before the new model arrives and they sell at the rate of about 4 a week.

The only good Freelander from what i have heard is the new model introduced this year (2007) The previous models suffer from poor quality issues.

post-21309-1184834250_thumb.jpg

post-21309-1184834227_thumb.jpg

The first model had appalling electrics and is unreliable. The second model is better as it used a BMW diesel engine and some components. The newest model is basically Ford components and built on a new production line - early indicators are that the quality is much improved but the second generation are still pretty good. The one to avoid is really the first generation.

How about avoiding all of them, buying a Fortuner and spend the remaining money on a lifetime supply of icecream?

i like the ice cream idea, but i could do without the fortuner.