BTS Fare increase FINALLY

kingstonkid

It looks like the BMA has finally woken up and smelt the coffee as they are finally realizing that you cannot operate the GREEN LINE for either 20 baht or for free for people outsde Morchit.

Going to be initial complaining but it is about time.

Surprised that it was not one of the news in the forum

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/bangkok-proposes-fare-adjustment-strategies-for-bts-skytrain-extension-445232

• Confused 2

They have said this several times before but it never happened as the BMA doesn't have the legal authority to set the fares since the extensions pass through Samut Prakarn and Pathum Thani provinces.

Like most announcements in Thailand, take it with a pinch of salt.

9 minutes ago, matchar said:

They have said this several times before but it never happened as the BMA doesn't have the legal authority to set the fares since the extensions pass through Samut Prakarn and Pathum Thani provinces.

Like most announcements in Thailand, take it with a pinch of salt.

They can still raise it for stops in the BMA not sure about Samut Prakan but there is only 1 stop in Pathum thani at Khu Kot.  

Edited by kingstonkid

39 minutes ago, Deserted said:

I'm pretty sure that's Rangsit not Prathum Thani.

The green line does not include Rangsit.  

The green line runs from Khu Kot to Morchit.

Khu Khot is on the border of Pathum Thani and BMA

The Rangsit statin is part of the RED LINE which is the 20 baht fare

7 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The green line does not include Rangsit.  

The green line runs from Khu Kot to Morchit.

Khu Khot is on the border of Pathum Thani and BMA

The Rangsit statin is part of the RED LINE which is the 20 baht fare

The Green line actually runs from Khu Kot to Morchit Kheha in SamutPrakan as of a few years ago now.

Hoping they double the fares myself, as may give some relieve to the congested platforms & carriages.  Much of the system is already way obsolete and can't handle the amount of users.

Higher prices might send some of them down to the buses, for savings.

• Confused 1

I'm sure I read somewhere that the price of a ticket on the Green Line must not exceed 62 baht. If that's the case, the line between Mor Chit and Ku Khot shouldn't be more than 15 baht.

Still excellent value for money I reckon.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Hoping they double the fares myself, as may give some relieve to the congested platforms & carriages.  Much of the system is already way obsolete and can't handle the amount of users.

God forbid that poors enjoy some benefits, yea?

I also suggest immigration raises deposit requirements to 100 million so they get rid of riff raff that lives here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Celsius said:

God forbid that poors enjoy some benefits, yea?

I also suggest immigration raises deposit requirements to 100 million so they get rid of riff raff that lives here.

The poor don't take the BTW/MRT, new rail lines to work.  Who pays 12-15-20-25% of day's wage for their work commute.  They take the bus @ ฿7-10 one way.

Wage; ฿350-400 a day

BTS/MRT: ฿40-90 round trip to work

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

The poor don't take the BTW/MRT, new rail lines to work. 

They don't take it all the time, they take it sometimes. 

Middle class also struggles.

The express line airport link went bust because it was double the price of cuty line (80 baht vs 40).

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

The express line airport link went bust because it was double the price of cuty line (80 baht vs 40).

That was just a silly set up from the get go.  Only the dumbest tourist used that.

Edited by KhunLA

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Lol you wish.

Found the trick to get a seat on train at Siam.

Take trains to nana then get on train for khu kot 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Celsius said:

They don't take it all the time, they take it sometimes. 

Middle class also struggles.

Before khu kot BTS it cost most thais

15 baht mini van to futurepark

35 baht minivan to morchit or victory

X baht for bus or BTS

The problem with buses is that they can take 2 hours to get to victory.

As the government plan is showing it is not viable to run the BTS mrt systems at a price the poor can afford.

Also the infrastructure at stations can not handle the crowds.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Spoken like a true EVangelist!

Let the poor pay for the EV subsidy while they pollute more, so you can feel better.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That was just a silly set up from the get go.  Only the dumbest tourist used that.

I used it.

You got a seat and a direct link to the Airport instead of being in an overcrowded coffin that it is today. And it was 80 baht which apparently a lot of people could not afford.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the price of a ticket on the Green Line must not exceed 62 baht. If that's the case, the line between Mor Chit and Ku Khot shouldn't be more than 15 baht.

Still excellent value for money I reckon.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the BTS is one of the best things to happen to Bangkok.

• Agree 1

We are blessed to be here at the beach, with no need for or desire to travel on trains,

To those promoting the idea of increasing or yet, doubling the fares, please feel free to carry on and bicker all you like, espout your intimate knowledge of the fare structures, running lines and schedules of this obviously necessary yet villified by many, transport system....

Just remember that the most important function of the BTS is to get Thai workers to their places of employment and back home again. Secondary consideration and probably not even contemplated when the initial concept was drafted, was getting drunken tourists, resident Expats to or from their drinking holes or anywhere else.

Edited by V8M8
spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1