Man fatally shoots stepson following heated argument in Uthai Thani

webfact

image.jpeg

A fatal domestic dispute broke out in Uthai Thani province yesterday when a 58 year old man shot his 42 year old stepson. The shooting followed a heated argument between the two after consuming alcohol in their residence.

Upon receiving an alert around 9.40pm, police officers from Lan Sak Police Station, accompanied by Uthai Thani rescue volunteers, rushed to the scene. The incident occurred at house number 64 in Moo 5, Pradu Yuen, Lan Sak district. The officers found Saneh Suwannason at the scene, awaiting arrest. Inside the house, Krisana Thongchan was found dead with a gunshot wound to his left abdomen.

“Krisana was found face-down, lifeless, with a single gunshot wound to his left abdominal area. Nearby, an empty bottle of alcohol was discovered,” said Police Lieutenant Colonel Eakchalit Nhunpong, the duty officer at Lan Sak Police Station, reported KhaoSod.

Photo of Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of Maxim Hopman, Unsplash

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Thailand is becoming like the USA with all the gun violence...

Too many unregistered guns as well as ghost guns. A lot of these illegal gun owners are untrained and have a Napoleonic complex and think having a gun makes them omnipotent. 

Forget the “Land of Smiles”. It becoming “The Land of Short Tempers and VIOLENCE”!

24 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

Thailand is becoming like the USA with all the gun violence...

Too many unregistered guns as well as ghost guns. A lot of these illegal gun owners are untrained and have a Napoleonic complex and think having a gun makes them omnipotent. 

Forget the “Land of Smiles”. It becoming “The Land of Short Tempers and VIOLENCE”!

550 mass shootings in the us this year to october, i think thailand has a way to go yet.

tbh though, one shooting, mass or not, is one too many

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

You've been annoying me for a very long time, you kept on doing the wrong thing, saying the wrong thing, and I just haven't had much affection for you for a very long time. You raised your voice to me one last time, and I just had to blow you away. Hey, I did warn you. 

• Confused 1