best was to come to thailand from EU

@OP - Do provide some more details, in order to allow us to provide you with all possible options.

Specifically:

# How many months approx do you plan to stay in Thailand?

# What is your nationality?

# What is your age?

# Are you officially married to a Thai national?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

@OP - Do provide some more details, in order to allow us to provide you with all possible options.

Specifically:

# How many months approx do you plan to stay in Thailand?

# What is your nationality?

# What is your age?

# Are you officially married to a Thai national?

The guy asked best way to stay as a tourist so why would your last 2 points have any relevance for a tourist?

He also said he received 45 day entry before so his nationality must be eligible for visa exempt

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 2

Some options to cover 'several months' stay in Thailand as a tourist:

60 days: visa exempt entry 30 days + 30 days extension

90 days: Single entry tourist visa is 60 days + 30 day extension

120/150 days: do a border run after either of first two above and get another 30 days visa exempt + 30 day extension

Edited by Pattaya57

There are various modes of transport available. "Best" is relative. Personally, travelling from Europe I always chose to fly.

"Several months" is very imprecise. You mentioned that last time you stayed 75 days, which at that time was the maximum uniterrupted stay possible without a visa. For the same period you would now need a tourist visa, on the basis of which immigration will give you permission to stay for 60 days and if desired you can apply at your local immigration office for a 30-day extension of stay.

• Like 1

hi, not married, 48 yo, getting a visa is a hassle ....and doing border run with small vans is even a bigger hassle...the last time i went from pattaya with Champion company...they used some old <deleted> van with horrible seats....very uncomfortable.....I love doing visa runs with a bus years ago from bkk but i dont know if that is still possible

1 minute ago, parafareno said:

hi, not married, 48 yo, getting a visa is a hassle ....and doing border run with small vans is even a bigger hassle...the last time i went from pattaya with Champion company...they used some old <deleted> van with horrible seats....very uncomfortable.....I love doing visa runs with a bus years ago from bkk but i dont know if that is still possible

This is the seat I did my Van visa run in from Pattaya last Saturday. Very comfortable

20231125_071642.jpg