Sending Cannabis Via Postal Mail In Thailand?

Hokeus

I don't know if this topic has been covered before, but I'm wondering about the legalities of buying some cannabis flowers from a licensed cannabis shop in Thailand and then shipping some of it on to someone else domestically in Thailand via EMS from the post office. Also, this is not about reselling it, only sending some on to someone else in Thailand as a gift. 

Any information about the legality or illegality of sending cannabis via domestic postal mail (as a non-licensed seller or grower) in Thailand would be much appreciated. 

Edited by Hokeus

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I think a grey area but unlikely to be an issue since it is not currently an illegal substance. Technically it is illegal for the vendors to promote or sell online but that is just under the herbal medicines law I think and they haven't bothered to enforce it. But it is not specifically illegal to send it to a friend since it is not an online commercial transaction.  I don't think you need to be registered with the FDA to send a legal substance to a friend as a gift. I believe you can send supplements like vitamins and indigestion tablets too. If you are worried get the vendor to send it direct.

Great advice. Thank you. Yes, sending someone vitamins, or even pharmaceutical medicines (that you purchased from a Thai pharmacy) via the post, isn't an issue in Thailand. I've done that in the past and the post office also confirmed to me that sending these types of items is not a problem. But this is still somewhat of a gray area with cannabis and so applying logic (in a seemingly like situation) may not be the safest approach. 

Unfortunately though it's also not so convenient to have the vendor send it, but the vendor has provided me with a copy of their official business registration and I think I will insert a printed copy of that into the box together with the shipment.