Saraburi petrol station owner shuts shop after losing over 1 million baht to deceitful customers

webfact

image.jpeg

The owner of a petrol station in the central province of Saraburi announced that she will soon close her business after losing over 1 million baht worth of fuel to dishonest customers.

The station owner, 67 year old Sirikarn Rakwitham, shared a picture of a sign at her patrol station yesterday, November 27 broadcasting the news.

“The station will be closed soon because customers have not paid for fuel, causing a loss of over 1 million baht. Please come back and pay your debts. Thank you.

“Some of the customers were business operators and others presented themselves as wealthy people. However, they do not pay the bills and did not accept when I offered them an instalment option. Please feel sorry for the petrol station owner, thank you.”

by Petch Petpailin 

Photo via Facebook/ Bee P. Kanjana

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Offering credit to customers is fraught with risk unless there are rigorous background checks, vendor imposed limits and efficient collection procedures in place. Many view credit as an interest free forgivable loan which jeopardizes the future of any business 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't believe I've ever heard of a gas station offering terms and payment plans to customers who buy fuel. The margins are so low to begin with, why on earth would anyone do this?

To a large extent business survival is Darwinian. It's survival of the fittest, and this woman does not seem very fit.