Retirement Visa - Accommodation Proof Requirement

Hi

What is the requirement for proof of accommodation with regards to the document required at immigration?

Can I rent a room in a hotel for a month and get a letter from the hotel for that period of time?

Can I rely of a friend who has a house and get some sort of document from them?

Any suggestions of any other routes to go?

Every 90 days do I then have to report a new address if I've not found a permanent address?

I plan in staying in Thailand for 9 months and going home in Summer to my home country and whilst in Thailand may travel around. I don't want any other type of visa as I do plan to do this for many years.

Many thanks.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, JimmyGreaves said:

Non-Immigrant O Visa  applying in Thailand after arriving on a 30 day or 60 day tourist visa. Hope that helps, thanks.

You will need a TM30.

Before you check into a hotel make sure that they file a TM30 and can give you a screenshot.

Which immigration office..

Assume that you have a Thai bank account in your name only.

Edited by DrJack54

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will need a TM30.

Before you check into a hotel make sure that they file a TM30 and can give you a screenshot.

Which immigration office..

Assume that you have a Thai bank account in your name only.

Immigration office will probably be Pattaya but will have the option of Hua Hin as got a couple of friends there. I have already got a SCB bank account in my name only have 800k baht + in already, but no address is my problem.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimmyGreaves said:

I have already got a SCB bank account in my name only have 800k baht + in already, but no address is my problem.

Most offices will accept explanation of that you are still looking for apartment for permanent living.

Jomitien are planning games (as usual) and reports of requiring 2 months of seasoning when in fact that's not required.

Perhaps for you that is not an issue as you mention funds already in Thai bank.

Can you show the 800k came from abroad.

Most immigration offices require 15+ days remaining on your permission of stay to apply for non O.

Your plan 6 months+ in Thailand and return each year will work however you will need to be in Thailand in window to apply for extension.

Traveling about in Thailand not an issue for 90 day reporting as you can do that via mail or online from anywhere. 

You will need to purchase a reentry permit.

That can be done at immigration or at airport at time of departure. 

Edited by DrJack54