Stainless steel or PVC rain gutters

Orangutan

I have a short run 4 meter rain gutter that I want to install on my house. I have read that the PVC products all developed leaks at the joints, and that the stainless steel gutters need to be replaced because of rust every five years. I would appreciate any advice that can point me in the right direction.
Many thanks,

~O

I prefer the colorbond extruded on site guttering complete with leaf guard if you have trees nearby.  I have a 5m run on the pool cabana with no faults or leaks found in 4 years service.  Compared with alternates it is unobtrusive and fast to have installed.

My initial thought was to use color bond, guttering I called blue scope headquarters office in Thailand they did not answer the phone nor reply to an email that I sent them . I would prefer a color bond does anybody have a supplier/installer recommendation in the Bangkok area?

49 minutes ago, Orangutan said:

I have a short run 4 meter rain gutter that I want to install on my house. I have read that the PVC products all developed leaks at the joints, and that the stainless steel gutters need to be replaced because of rust every five years. I would appreciate any advice that can point me in the right direction.
Many thanks,

~O

4-meter section?

You're in luck.

PVC comes in.................................4-meter lengths.

Drops and ends bonded on with PVC cement, should not leak.

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1164967

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1164968

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Just had stainless fitted...certainly not expecting them to rust (or is this Thai stainless steel?)

PVC?......Sounds ify in this climate.

thinking of doing some stainless gutters on my house, do you remember what the material cost is per meter, I will need about twenty meters

PVC pipe is made for plumbing jobs. It's strong, doesn't deteriorate nor rust, and won't crack or develop holes unless struck with tools or machinery. It can be painted to blend with the house.

Leaks occur because Thais don't like to use glue to seal the joints to save money and time or in case they want to move it later. 

PVC exposed to sunlight will gradually deteriorate due to the UV in sunlight unless specifically formulated with UV stabilizers.  You can provide similar protection by painting surfaces exposed to sunlight.

A quality latex paint should be sufficient.