Kodi and Add Ons don't stream - another option or repair?

CarlBkk

I'm getting totally frustrated with my Minix android box with Kodi and The Crew, Shadow, BBC iplayer etc. etc.

It used to work so well, but now Nord (for the VPN) takes ages to open and there are no streams available to watch any movies using any of the add ons.  Even BBC iplayer no longer works due to errors.  Using my ipad it works fine.  I have no idea why this is.

Previously, I paid for debrid in an attempt to get round the error messages but that didn't work either.  What's the score with these add ons never working now?  Is it time to find another solution to stream movies, if so, which option?

All my Kodi 20.2 and addons work very well with and without Real Debrid. Only use Nord for Iplayer.

I am using Asgard. Homelander. The Crew and a few others. Scrubs. Gratis etc that do not need Real Debrid.

I wonder if your Kodi version is not working with your current addons. Might be worth installing the latest version of Kodi and reinstalling the addons and also Real Debrid.

Stremio.com is a good app with minimal set up and also works well with or without Real Debrid. Plenty of other very good streaming apps are also available to stream movies/tv shows for free.

You may find someone in your local area who can assist you if you need help. Otherwise pm me and I will do my best to help.

On 11/29/2023 at 4:15 PM, CarlBkk said:

I'm getting totally frustrated with my Minix android box with Kodi and The Crew, Shadow, BBC iplayer etc. etc.

It used to work so well, but now Nord (for the VPN) takes ages to open and there are no streams available to watch any movies using any of the add ons.  Even BBC iplayer no longer works due to errors.  Using my ipad it works fine.  I have no idea why this is.

Previously, I paid for debrid in an attempt to get round the error messages but that didn't work either.  What's the score with these add ons never working now?  Is it time to find another solution to stream movies, if so, which option?

If Nord is “taking ages to open” which is not related to streaming, perhaps there is a problem with the box itself? What’s the model number?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  I reset the minix box and installed Streamio.  It works fine and I can watch most films.  The only limitations I can see are:

1. I have very few add-ons available to stream, the main one being Pearlo.

2. There seems to be no filter for the movies like there are in the Crew etc...so I can't just select new movies or in theatre.

4 hours ago, CarlBkk said:

Update:  I reset the minix box and installed Streamio.  It works fine and I can watch most films.  The only limitations I can see are:

1. I have very few add-ons available to stream, the main one being Pearlo.

2. There seems to be no filter for the movies like there are in the Crew etc...so I can't just select new movies or in theatre.

You need to install the Torrentio and Cyberflix addons. Real debrid is also well worth the small amount of money you pay to get guaranteed working links.

Once you have installed these addons you will find Stremio will work very well. The above limitations will be covered also once you have installed the addons as above.

https://torrentio.strem.fun/configure

https://stremio-addons.netlify.app/cyberflix-catalog

https://real-debrid.com/

Edited by tlcwaterfall