TM30 required

I’m coming to Thailand on a 60 day TV. Intend applying for 30 day extension at the end of February at Hua Hin IO. In my 12 previous stays of privately renting houses  I’ve never been given a TM30. Will I need one for the extension application and how do I ensure my landlord supplies me with one? Previous stays were with 90 day visa so there was no need to visit IO. Thanks for advice.

1 minute ago, CMBob said:

May not apply to you but a Canadian friend at Hua Hin Immigration just got a 30-day extension (he came in exempt) and didn't have or need a TM 30 to get his extension.  But best to have one just in case.

His accommodation may have done his TM30 online and immigration got his TM30 from there and he didn't know about it 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

His accommodation may have done his TM30 online and immigration got his TM30 from there and he didn't know about it 

True.....and, if so, all he needs to do is request a screenshot of their filing and take that with him.

32 minutes ago, dsj said:

I did my TM30 reporting online more than 7 days ago and it was successful. I tried to check so I can print it out but it will only allow me to go back 7 days from current date. I can a get a copy of my TM 30?

So do you plan to have dealings with immigration.

Why is TM30 of interest?

anybody know if in cha am new immigration office they ask it when applying for a 30 days tourist visa extension ?

In 25 years in Thailand i have never been asked for it, but i heard things have changed now but information is very contradictory, i suppose it depends on the office or even on the single employee ?

Just last week I visited the Hua Hin (Prachuap Khiri Khan #3) kiosk office at Bluport Mall. I just returned from Overseas on my Non-O multiple entry permit and was concerned that I was not in the new system for TM30 which went online October 1 while I was overseas. I usually do my 90 day reports online and so I asked the question if I needed to be in the new system in order to perform 90 day reports online. The answer from the IO was yes and she offered to enter me in the new TM30 system. I handed over my Condo blue book, she entered me in the system, stamped my old paper TM30 in my passport with the day's date as updated and put a new slip in my passport for 90 day due date. All very efficient and only took a few minutes. 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So do you plan to have dealings with immigration.

Why is TM30 of interest?

Yes, I do plan to have dealing with immigration, as I own a condo in Bangkok, and on one of my trips I will arrive Visa exempt but I will need to get an extension.

13 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

Were you staying in a hotel or private accommodation? 

The hotel reservation was not in my name. I just heard reports that Hua Hin at Blueport wasn't asking from other posters. So I just went with that thought. It was true in my case.