Wise fee refunds

I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from Wise telling me that they'd refunded 40% of the transfer fees that I'd paid in November.  I didn't know they did that.  However, it's described at https://wise.com/help/articles/7dmzR1bODHUCVTvD52Qi8D/fee-refunds-for-customers-in-the-uk and is only for a trial group of customers in the UK.  Still, no complaints from me.

54 minutes ago, Haveasay said:

Can't I just specify an account to transfer from and to and walla?

I can, many can. Don't have any card.

"Installed the app" and registered successfully with identification and proof of address?

Think you have to go through their help pages.

1 hour ago, Haveasay said:

Installed the app. Still trying to understand it's use as I want to transfer funds from an Aussie bank to Thai bank. Why do I need their card? Can't I just specify an account to transfer from and to and walla? Any suggestions?

You can do straightforward transfers as you describe without the card (albeit only to Thailand, not from).  However, the card can be very useful if the Thai government starts taxing bank transfers to Thailand.  You can pay for everything (well, most things) using the debit card, get a decent exchange rate, and (probably) evade the new taxation.