Duel Nationality

I have a Thai friend with duel nationality.  Thai and Vanuatu.  She owns property in the UK with a long time partner and spends 6 months in the UK and 6 months in Thailand.  She is unable to travel to the UK on her Thai, passport without a visa but was able to travel on her Vanuatu 60 visa free country passport.  However since last year 2022 the British Government now state she will need a visa to enter on her  Vanuatu passport.  My question is with her long term partnership and property in the UK would she have a problem getting a visa form the British Embassy in Thailand to travel to the UK for 6 months.? 

She would need a visa whichever passport she used, the fact that she has an interest in a property in the UK where she intends to spend half of the year will make it difficult to satisfy the decision maker that she’s a genuine visitor.

She will need to satisfy the decision maker that she has compelling ties to her own country, whichever one she calls home.

• Agree 1

The fact that she owns property in the UK may actually not help her case at all. She will have to apply for the visa as a Thai citizen if she is in Thailand at the Trendy Building in Bangkok after applying online and paying the appropriate fee. She will be applying for a Standard UK visa of 1, 2, 5 or 10 year. She can stay up to 6 months in a rolling 12 month period if successful. She will have to convince the officer reviewing her application that

1. The trip is affordable 

2. Convince them that she will not work etc

3. That she will return to Thailand or Vanuatu at the end of her visit. 

6 months is a long time for a visit and they may consider the property especially if she is getting rent for it as income from work.

I suspect it will not be easy to get a visa in these circumstances.