TM30 required when returning to the previously reported address?

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Answer is a definite yes, if you are using Jomtien Immigration and it's within 72 hours with them.

Another question, if you don't mind. So you go to immigration after the 72 hr window has passed and you ask for a new TM30 and they say the fine is 1,600 baht?

But you would be traveling out of Thailand in the next few day, so you say no thanks.

You come back from your trip to Thailand, enter with your re-entry permit go to immigration within the 72 hr window for a TM30, you will not pay a fine?

17 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Another question, if you don't mind. So you go to immigration after the 72 hr window has passed and you ask for a new TM30 and they say the fine is 1,600 baht?

But you would be traveling out of Thailand in the next few day, so you say no thanks.

You come back from your trip to Thailand, enter with your re-entry permit go to immigration within the 72 hr window for a TM30, you will not pay a fine?

I believe no fine in that circumstance as you made a fresh entry into Thailand then went to do a TM30 at Jomtien within 72 hours of entry.

3 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I just did my 90 day report, 2 days ago, online. I am registered at Jomtien office and my last TM30 was around 5 years ago. I have been in and out of the country on re-entry's several times. My 90 day report came back within 24 hrs, Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been approved. So is it only if you turn up in person you need a new TM30?

I can echo that experience with Korat immigration although it did take 4 Day s for an approval. Whether they're saving their ire for when I turn up in January for my visa extension remains to be seen!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Jomtien immigration - congrats. You have to report your address via a TM30 each and every time you come back to Thailand, even if you are staying in the same place as before. All has to be done 72 hours within your entry, or get a nice 1,600 baht fine. If you don't need to do anything at immigration then you don't need to worry about a TM30. If you do, then welcome to the fun of TM30 each entry into Thailand.

You've gotta love Jomtien immigration, you can only do extensions one business day prior to stamp expiry too. I've wasted two trips there already and will have to make a 3rd trip one business day before stamp expiry.

Not true. I visited Jomtien immigration a few weeks ago to change my extension of stay stamp to my new passport. Nothing was said about doing a new TM30. I have had one on file for about 7 years as I always return to my registered address.

I have seen many scare stories of how bad Jomtien is now. That is not my recent experience. They have improved the way you get access to the different departments by issuing a ticket in an air conditioned separate building. I hear they have reverted to the old method of demanding all the photcopies and documents for a 90 day report, as I normally do online this is not an issue. However my next report will be with my new passport, I am hearing that I will have to do it in person. I will try online first as they have my new passport details so no reason why it shouldn't be possible online.

20 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

That's because you are leaving and re-entering Thailand on a new visa every time (tourist visa or visa exempt entry). If you leave and return on same visa with a re-entry permit you don't need a new TM30

Correct

14 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I'm re-entering on the same METV (not a new visa) but Jomtien Immigration have been clear that each & every time I enter on the same visa & stay at the exact same address, I must report a TM30.

At Jomtien if you are on an extension of stay based on Retirement or Marriage and you have a re entry permit. As long as you return to the same address you do not need to do a new TM30. You are talking about a visa not extension of stay.

As I understand it and if you Google TM 30 it is actually the responsibility of the landlord/hotel owner etc to file the TM30 NOT the alien and it is technically they that are liable for the fine. That said,I fully appreciate that in this sphere it is often the alien they pick on when  next appearing in person. 

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

If I get your comment right!

If a person is on a retirement extension expires Feb 20, 24 at Jomtien consistently allowed to do 30 days prior cant now do until 19th Of Feb 24? 

No, Bbi1 is talking about his 30 day extension from a tourist visa (he's made 3 threads about it). I understand retirement extensions are as per normal so not 1 day in advance like stated

Edited by Pattaya57

3 hours ago, Lamphen said:

I have a 12 months extension of stay on my NON IMM O visa, I returned to Thailand earlier this year on a re-entry permit. I did not file a TM30. I did one 90 day report online before I went to the Immigration to renew my extension of stay at Buriram Immigration. There were no ask about a TM30 and the renewal was done in 10 minutes. I have a yellow house book (living with my wife in her house), I don't know if that were taken into account. Maybe I was just lucky meeting a nice IMM officer.

Buriram immigration is great. 

Look after farang. 

He says without farang he has no job...lol

(And income streams)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

apparently not if it is an online transaction. Also, some of this got confusing with the new tm 30 system and Immigration requiring new tm 30s for no real reason other than the existing one was old. 

When a member at a Pattaya City Expat Club mentioned the new procedure, he said he asked the Jomtien Immigration Officer if he could do it online and was told no. HOWEVER, that is not the case. The PCEC has received many subsequent reports of those that did it online with no problem.  I did mine Last Monday and had the approval the next day.  So if you do it online, you can avoid the hassle of completing a new form TM.47, passport copies, proof of residence, & proof of TM.30 filing.

16 minutes ago, jimn said:

Not true. I visited Jomtien immigration a few weeks ago to change my extension of stay stamp to my new passport. Nothing was said about doing a new TM30. I have had one on file for about 7 years as I always return to my registered address.

I have seen many scare stories of how bad Jomtien is now. That is not my recent experience. They have improved the way you get access to the different departments by issuing a ticket in an air conditioned separate building. I hear they have reverted to the old method of demanding all the photcopies and documents for a 90 day report, as I normally do online this is not an issue. However my next report will be with my new passport, I am hearing that I will have to do it in person. I will try online first as they have my new passport details so no reason why it shouldn't be possible online.

Jomtien office. When I got my new passport over a year ago my first online report with that new passport was accepted so I would indeed try it online 14 days before due date first.

Nothing was said to me regarding a new TM30 either when I was transferring my extension of stay stamp to the new passport, HOWEVER the issue was raised when I went to renew my extension of stay in May, 6 months later. When I asked why they needed a new one since I hadn't left the country they said it was because I had a new passport !!!. I didn't do it then as the queues were horrendous and I was leaving the country a week later, so just did it via my condo office when I returned. 

21 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

No, Bbi1 is talking about his 30 day extension from a tourist visa (he's made 3 threads about it). I understand retirement extensions are as per normal so not 1 day in advance like stated

Thanks, P57, never the less I'm going down to make sure nothing has changed because like years prior I make it a point to go down 30 days before and get it done. Usually get up early first or second in line out the door by 8:45 am. 

I already have a ticket to return home for a short visit Feb 22nd, I don't need any surprises.

22 hours ago, bbi1 said:

You've gotta love Jomtien immigration, you can only do extensions one business day prior to stamp expiry too. I've wasted two trips there already and will have to make a 3rd trip one business day before stamp expiry.

Which extension?  I have always done mine well in advance and never a problem

PH

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Correct.

I returned in July and when Jomtien introduced the new requirement I got my resort manager to resubmit a TM30 for me. He spoke with Immigration who told him that I should go to the Immigration office (with a printout of the TM30 submission) to get a new TM30 receipt to insert in my passport. That is what I did, no fine.

I leave next week (on a re-entry permit) to spend Xmas in the UK. I return on 30th December. I will get the resort manager to submit a TM30 again and I will go to Jomtien shortly afterwards. I need to get another reentry permit so I will attempt to get that at the same time.

Your resort manager should be able to get a "TM30 submitted" report from their online account, but only within 7 days of submitting your TM30.

PH

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

correct

On 12/8/2023 at 2:01 PM, DrJack54 said:

Will you return and enter reentry permit? 

If so TM30 not required.

Which immigration office? 

CM will require a new TM30 even if returning with a re-entry permit. Several of my friends returned from international holidays, with re-entry permits, and CM insisted on new TM30's being submitted, even though they were returning to their already registered permanent address in CM Province.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2023 at 7:37 AM, thpitsch said:

I have lived at my current address for almost 20 years. The TM30 notification was made by my landlord at the time. But I have no record of it.
There have been no problems with it so far. I regularly submit my 90-day report, always with this address.
If I now go abroad and come back to the same address after 4 weeks, do I need to submit a new TM30 notification?

Your TM30 needs to be in the new electronic data-system from mid September this year (2023), as no data has been transferred from the old system. I had the problem after re-entering before the new system opened, as the immigration office checked if my TM30 was reported in the new system when applying for extension of stay. It wasn't, so I could not apply for my extension of stay before the TM30 was reported in their new system.

14 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Your TM30 needs to be in the new electronic data-system from mid September this year (2023), as no data has been transferred from the old system.

While I have no direct or indirect knowledge, this would be my guess as well, at least for those offices which may be more networked. I base that on a pool of five individuals, Bangkok/CW, and my experience using the new system to file TM30's for them and myself.

Now I can't make any conjectures re: the potentially new requirement to re-file if returning to your address of record (int'l or domestic) as I have no history on this yet. I've been recommending that we re-file on any int'l return, if only as the system is so easy to use.

8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Jomtien - I would say within the last 5 months at least.

I just checked, and I did a reentry permit at Jomtien on the 10th August for an annual extension. I had been in and out of the country 3 times since my last TM30. I had no problem. Maybe it is only some IO's that are going rogue.

One used to have to but the answer should be a simple "no" these days as long as you are re entering with a date valid re entry permit (which expires on the same date as your permission to stay). So don't forget to get that re entry permit as without it your permission to stay is cancelled on exit. The regulation on this was updated a few years ago to avoid the nonsense of reporting every time and within 24hours of returning to the same permanent residential address that you temporarily left whether from within Thailand or abroad.  However if entering on a new visa or visa exempt, whether by accident or intentionally you do have to do this.  And as ever some Immigration Offices ignore the updated regulation and still insist on it anyway.

I live in Chiang Mai province. 

I am flying to Malaysia on December 23rd for 3 nights and re-entering Thailand on December 27th where I will stay in Pattaya for 4 nights. I'm assuming my hotel will complete a TM30 and thus there's no need for me to report to CM immigration on my return to CM.

Is that correct?

On 12/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, bbi1 said:

I came in on Saturday from Vietnam. Today's Monday, was going to Immi but it's National Holiday and not open. My TM30 report will be late.

Tomorrow will be zoo at Immi and they may fine me?

If they do it's "Goodbye Thailand and Hello Canarias or Hawaii".

On 12/8/2023 at 3:25 PM, grain said:

It's law that the foreigner must do a new TM30 when returning from outside the country, even to the same registered address, but a few years ago a group of foreigners held meetings with Thai immigration and got them to relax the TM30 regulations if returning to the same address. The Thais went along with it and relaxed the law but now it's creeping back in. There are reports that many immigration offices around the country insist on the updated TM30. What may well come back is the one where you have 24 hours to update your TM30 even if you go to Bangkok for a night and stay in a hotel, then return home, or go to Koh Samet for a couple of nights. That regulation may well return too.

I live up North... this past May I purchase a re-entry permit to visit Laos for a few days. The IO told me if I returned to the same address, I did not have to do anything. So, I did nothing. When I renewed my retirement extension last July, I had no problems.

Based on my experience vs those of other commenters, perhaps it would be advisable to ask at your local Immigration Office?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2023 at 10:52 AM, rhodie said:

I just checked, and I did a reentry permit at Jomtien on the 10th August for an annual extension. I had been in and out of the country 3 times since my last TM30. I had no problem. Maybe it is only some IO's that are going rogue.

The old system worked until mid September, which is just about three month ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/8/2023 at 2:01 PM, DrJack54 said:

Will you return and enter reentry permit? 

If so TM30 not required.

Which immigration office? 

This is an old post.....but is this the law? Is there a link to clarify this? I'm trying to get my wife to report me returning back to Thailand (yesterday). If we make the online report, will there be any problems? In the online system it asks the date I leave (I just put in the last da of my extension), as its a required field. 

8 minutes ago, DavisH said:

This is an old post.....but is this the law? Is there a link to clarify this? I'm trying to get my wife to report me returning back to Thailand (yesterday). If we make the online report, will there be any problems? In the online system it asks the date I leave (I just put in the last da of my extension), as its a required field. 

I should add I have an old tm30 slip in my passport from 2018. My concern is that they will see this slip and it does not match my last entry.