AN not loading correctly

smedly

page doesn't open then I stop the loading in my browser "X" and reload and works as it should, this happens pretty much with everything I click on AN - in page url or external link "email" to AN - the page has to be reloaded for it to work, it never opens on first click just hangs there - it's like it is being directed to something my browser can't connect too then a recycle it opens instantly - the url's on both the initial load attempt and reload attempt are identical - weird 

there is something not quite right with this, only happens on AN

• Agree 1

even happened when creating this topic but not this reply

created topic - hit the post button and it hung, when I refreshed the page it opened a blank new topic window - then checked the support forum and the new topic was posted

Edited by smedly

4 minutes ago, george said:

What browser are you using?

edge chrome makes no difference, there is something not quite right with the forum since relocation, never had this issue before that, some people are reporting the same but worded slightly differently

• Agree 1

may have fixed it

adjusting security settings for AN, it is reported as not secure from the email url and i made some slight changes, so that seems to be that one solved but not sure about internal site links to topics yet

1 hour ago, smedly said:

page doesn't open then I stop the loading in my browser "X" and reload and works as it should, this happens pretty much with everything I click on AN - in page url or external link "email" to AN - the page has to be reloaded for it to work, it never opens on first click just hangs there - it's like it is being directed to something my browser can't connect too then a recycle it opens instantly - the url's on both the initial load attempt and reload attempt are identical - weird 

there is something not quite right with this, only happens on AN

When I click on AN in my favorites bar nothing happens. If I click three times fairly quickly then the site opens. Annoying. 

15 minutes ago, smedly said:

may have fixed it

adjusting security settings for AN, it is reported as not secure from the email url and i made some slight changes, so that seems to be that one solved but not sure about internal site links to topics yet

not fixed, only works for links I have opened before, so still the same - I adjusted security settings and other stuff for AN, no different from the OP

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When I click on AN in my favorites bar nothing happens. If I click three times fairly quickly then the site opens. Annoying. 

yes there is something not quite right about the initial handshake between browser and site 

• 2 weeks later...

Almost all times when I open the forum it appears in a manner where I find it almost impossible to browse and find a thread - please see screenshot.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

AN.jpg.97137c160b24a86cc0ba5fa6efea0a55.jpg

Chrome browser / Windows 11 Pro

Edited by ravip

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Almost all times when I open the forum it appears in a manner where I find it almost impossible to browse and find a thread - please see screenshot.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

AN.jpg.97137c160b24a86cc0ba5fa6efea0a55.jpg

Chrome browser / Windows 11 Pro

This appears to be user error.

Look at those three squares to the left of "start new topic" you have the wrong selected, thats why its asking you for what forums you want , look to the right and none of them are selected so there is nothing to display.

You should select the FIRST of those 3 squares and it will display as it should.

Hope that helps.

image.png

On 12/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, CharlieH said:

This appears to be user error.

Look at those three squares to the left of "start new topic" you have the wrong selected, thats why its asking you for what forums you want , look to the right and none of them are selected so there is nothing to display.

You should select the FIRST of those 3 squares and it will display as it should.

Hope that helps.

image.png

Thank you very much. Yes, this solved my issue.

(sorry for my delayed response as I was out the whole day)

• 5 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, george said:

are you still experiencing this strange URL’s?

yes still the same, pretty much everything requires a refresh to load a page,  always loading from email notifications - they always start with http://url6795.aseannow.com 

something not quite right, when I click an email to unfollow a topic it opens up the unfollow page, and I click once and it hangs - click again and it has unfollowed it already it just didn't refresh the page from the first click, this happens 100% of the time, no other websites I visit have these issues they all work perfectly 

59 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes still the same, pretty much everything requires a refresh to load a page,  always loading from email notifications - they always start with http://url6795.aseannow.com 

something not quite right, when I click an email to unfollow a topic it opens up the unfollow page, and I click once and it hangs - click again and it has unfollowed it already it just didn't refresh the page from the first click, this happens 100% of the time, no other websites I visit have these issues they all work perfectly 

it may have something to do with trackers, from MS

The tracking prevention feature in Microsoft Edge protects users from online tracking by restricting the ability of trackers to access browser-based storage as well as the network.

The tracking prevention feature is built to uphold the Microsoft Edge browser privacy promise, while also ensuring that there is no impact by default to website compatibility or the economic viability of the web.

mine is set to balanced, there are 2 other options - basic and strict or of course 'OFF'

when I select "off" for aseannow it seems to fix the issue

22 hours ago, smedly said:

when I select "off" for aseannow it seems to fix the issue

only fixes when already in forum links, email url still requires a reload - the page just times out unless you stop it and reload it - it then loads instantly, so to load a page from an email link requires 3x actions, click the url in the email - click the X (stop) in the browser - then click the Refresh button, only after doing  this will the forum page open - this is 100% of the time

• 3 weeks later...