Foreign Tourist Found Staying in a Tent on Patong Beach

webfact

15 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Tais do not Camping.....

Not correct at all.

Yes they do go camping in tents.

Most weekends groups of Thais on motorbikes and scooters go up to the Mae Wong national park, 20 km up the road from our house and camp overnight in their tents perfectly legally. Some even go another 40km to the end of the road at Chong Yen, and camp up there too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Tais do not Camping.....

nonsense ....  

Yes Thais do go camping .....  Khao Yai National Park,  Koh Adang, Doi Inthanon,  Kaeng Krachan National Park ....    just to name a few, but there are many more places Thais go camping to.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, novacova said:

Seen this vagrant farang a few weeks back in my neighborhood squatting for about a week…

IMG_1356.jpeg

I saw this one a few days ago, this is near CMU, I drove by there. Up to the mountain area near a waterfall and the boy scout camping ground.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Can't say he wasn't warned of probable outcomes. Have to laugh at his choice to pitch his tent on Patong Beach after seeking advice on a quiet place to go. Seems to be towards the north end of the beach. Of course toilets are available on such a major tourist beach.

It's a bit like camping on Bondi.

Complaints most likely came from beach venders or resorts, not many residents living there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Highlandman said:

So a "concerned" snitch aka busybody decided to rat out a foreigner staying in a tent. Why can't Thais just leave others alone? 

Could have been a hiso farang who considered it a visual blemish to his afternoon stroll and took immediate offence. Calling Tourist Police with haste!

55 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Could have been a hiso farang who considered it a visual blemish to his afternoon stroll and took immediate offence. Calling Tourist Police with haste!

Haha. Perhaps, though unlikely. Generally it's Thais who report activities they don't believe farang should be engaging in.

On 12/12/2023 at 5:20 AM, HighPriority said:

There was also someone asking in a Facebook group specifically about camping on Patong Beach a short while ago. Sorry I cannot provide a link now. So it looks like he ignored all the advice and gave it a go. No harm in trying!