90 Day Rejected

Like an idiot, I mentally got the dates wrong. I checked my passport on Sunday 10th and realized I should have done my 90 day report on Dec 3rd. I applied online anyway on Sunday 10th thinking (maybe wrongly) that you had 7 days grace either side of the actual date, meaning 10th - seven days after the 3rd - would be ok.

I just got an email saying it is rejected and I should go to nearest immigration. 

Any idea what is in store for me tomorrow - am I looking at a fine or something?

Am I wrong about the 7 days grace thing? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Batty said:

No, it's 14 days before or 7 days after if you do it in person.

Otherwise 2000 Baht fine is the norm - but that might vary depending on where you are.

I wouldn't be rushing down there too quickly, the fine will be the same even if you leave it until the next time it's due - I did that once and they didn't seem to care.

I forgot to do it so I waited until the next 90 days were done - 2000 Baht fine.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

i believe you have a 7-day grace period when submitting a 90-day report in person, but the cutoff for online submissions is the due date.

Take a PDF of your TM-47 submission, and a screenshot of the status page showing the date and time of application.  Maybe you can talk them out of a 2000 baht fine.

Next time remember you can file online 15-days before due date.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

No, it's 14 days before or 7 days after if you do it in person.

Otherwise 2000 Baht fine is the norm - but that might vary depending on where you are.

I wouldn't be rushing down there too quickly, the fine will be the same even if you leave it until the next time it's due - I did that once and they didn't seem to care.

I forgot to do it so I waited until the next 90 days were done - 2000 Baht fine.

Thanks mate. So, technically, shouldn't the 10th be ok? Reporting was due on 30th and I applied online on the 10th. That should fall into the very last day of the 7 day window, you would think? 

I'm wondering why they rejected it then. 

I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Batty said:

Thanks mate. So, technically, shouldn't the 10th be ok? Reporting was due on 30th and I applied online on the 10th. That should fall into the very last day of the 7 day window, you would think? 

When i have had a rejection, the email states what was wrong ie a missing field or not matching info, this is at CW Bangkok

Can you file online if you still have a previous fine pending? asking for a friend. :cheesy:

FWIW I exited Thailand with the fine pending and returned since, but now a new 90-day report is due soon so not sure if they'll let me file it online or not.

P.S. I actually tried to file online on the 91st day - they held the application for a week, then rejected it "please come to immigration office" essentially ensuring I will have to pay a fine. Not sure if it was held on purpose or just very slow processing - but poor experience either way.

Edited by PingRoundTheWorld

I know people say here you can do it online up to the due date.  Technically you can but that doesn't mean your immigration will accept/approve it.

I once applied online 4 days before the due date.  On the due date I received a rejection notice for it.  So I went to the office, Ratchaburi, to do it in person and asked why it was rejected.  The officer said I didn't give him enough time to process it and it must be done online 15 days before.  So maybe some offices will accept it that close to the due date and some will not.

I usually do it online 14-13 days before the due date with no problem.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, howerde said:

When i have had a rejection, the email states what was wrong ie a missing field or not matching info, this is at CW Bangkok

Interesting!  Mine from CW has never provided a reason.  I wonder what is up with that.  It randomly rejects mine with no reason and then sometimes accepts a resubmission.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Take a PDF of your TM-47 submission, and a screenshot of the status page showing the date and time of application.  Maybe you can talk them out of a 2000 baht fine.

And have a story ready about being incapacitated for some reason. It might work.

I did something similar and mentioned a hospital problem.     Fine 200 Baht  No receipt.

I had 2 visits from Imm at my home in 6 weeks to check my passport and did my 90 day online only 4 weeks after the last visit was denied and had to go to their office to do it when i asked why i had to do it in person she told me they wanted to check my passport dont figure but TIT

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

No you can't.
Online it's 14 days before the due date, up to the due date.

'Within' 15 days, is not the same as 'before' the due date.

Onlinecalendar90day..png.b538135e28fee10cd9adb46d7be804a8.png

I filed my latest TM-47 online December 3rd at 2:03 PM for a 90-day report due December 18.  (Approved December 7)

An earlier TM-47 was filed online May 14th at 10:04 PM for a 90-day report due May 29.  (Approved May 15)

Submission accepted 15 days prior, in Korat, on these particular dates.  Filings were on a Sunday, so perhaps the system accepted the filing for processing on the next business day.

YKMV

17 hours ago, Batty said:

Like an idiot, I mentally got the dates wrong. I checked my passport on Sunday 10th and realized I should have done my 90 day report on Dec 3rd. I applied online anyway on Sunday 10th thinking (maybe wrongly) that you had 7 days grace either side of the actual date, meaning 10th - seven days after the 3rd - would be ok.

I just got an email saying it is rejected and I should go to nearest immigration. 

Any idea what is in store for me tomorrow - am I looking at a fine or something?

2000THB fine, thats all!

20 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

i believe you have a 7-day grace period when submitting a 90-day report in person, but the cutoff for online submissions is the due date.

Next time remember you can file online 15-days before due date.

I've done online 6-7 days late and was (luckily) accepted.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:37 PM, Batty said:

Good luck. As I understand it online reporting can be done between 15 and 7 days before the due date, counting the due date. Miss that window and best go in person although I think you could do it by post. In person there is a grace period of 7 days, again  counting the due date, following the due date to get it done without a fine. The fine is 2,000 baht however late you are. Not sure though if you never do one until your next extension application whether each missed report is fined or whether it's still the 2,000. 

47 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Good luck. As I understand it online reporting can be done between 15 and 7 days before the due date, counting the due date. Miss that window and best go in person although I think you could do it by post. In person there is a grace period of 7 days, again  counting the due date, following the due date to get it done without a fine. The fine is 2,000 baht however late you are. Not sure though if you never do one until your next extension application whether each missed report is fined or whether it's still the 2,000. 

Bit correct...

Online previously was up to 7 days prior. Now can be up to due date.

If you miss one report and leave it till next extension the fine will still be 2k baht, however not something that I would recommend. 

Edited by DrJack54

I was about two weeks late, and was told by a friend to expect a 2000 baht fine. I went into CR Immigration apologizing profusely, and they let me off with no fine.

Maybe they thought I was senile, due to my age.

Thanks for the replies everyone, appreciate it.

I was rejected owing to a small issue with the address on file. It was rectified in person, with no fine. 

So, it is actually 7 days grace period regardless of whether in person or online.