went to buy a battery ,, diirrrr turns out a silly saga

liddelljohn

just finishing the full refurb of my 2001 Ducati Monster S4 time to fire her up after 3 years work

need a battery  Yuasa plenty available in correct size ,and terminal orientation YT12B-A1 , i have the old one that is dead ,,

but some retailers in pattaya aking stupid price , the official price is 2800bt , one guy wanted 4200, another 3800, the local Ducati shop has them at 3200 but He refused to sell it to me  saying it is not the correct battery for my bike ,,WTF  , now I have owned this bike since 2004 and had a few batteries over the years and yes it is the correct  battery and I have spent last 30 years restoring bikes  especially Ducatis  so I know what Im doing

so onto Lazada  and main yuasa wholesaler in BKK  sends me one for 2600 baht delivered ,sorted

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

the local Ducati shop has them at 3200

5 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

so onto Lazada  and main yuasa wholesaler in BKK  sends me one for 2600 baht delivered

My math = 600 baht.🤔

You still up north 

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

A lot of fuss for 600 Baht. You knew it was an expensive bike when you bought it.🤔

why do you say that ????

Ducatis are not expensive  especially for parts compared to some other bikes ,, HD parts and Kawasaki parts are far more expensive ,,,, and they are very easy to service  if you have the correct tools .