Tourist E Visa

Officially, you need to carry a printout. If you fail to do that, anything could happen. 

From the eVisa website:

After the e-Visa application has been approved, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to applicants, which must be printed out for presenting to airlines and Thai Immigration Officials when traveling to Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mlkik said:

I have applied for and received my single entry tourist visa and downloaded it to my tablet.

Does this have to be printed or can I just show it to the airline and Immigration on my tablet?

Airline will probably be ok with the tablet pic but imm officer will want to see a printed version to match to the data page in pp

• Thumbs Up 2

I would not trust a tablet compared to a sheet of paper when it involves an important document. Imagine your battery running flat just as you arrive at passport control. Very awkward indeed. I have a small laser printer at home which I rarely use but it is crucial for printing stuff like travel documents.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Dexxter said:

I would not trust a tablet compared to a sheet of paper when it involves an important document. Imagine your battery running flat just as you arrive at passport control. Very awkward indeed. I have a small laser printer at home which I rarely use but it is crucial for printing stuff like travel documents.

I mean I always take a paper copy of everything as a backup, but I also make sure I never run out of battery on my electronic devices. There are multiple ways to be prepared.

However I seem to recall that the evisa document I received specifically said that it does needed to be printed.

• Thumbs Up 1